Get your first accounting qualification with the AAT Access course
AAT accounting courses offer you an accredited route into accountancy if you have little or no experience. Choosing an online training course in accounting allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
If you are interested in starting on the accounting career path, our AAT Access course will teach you the essential skills and key terminology you’ll need to get started. On completion of your AAT Level 1 training, you’ll have taken your first step into the world of accountancy, and you’ll be ready to progress onto further study with the AAT or take up a junior or assistant level accounting role.
Get AAT qualified with learning that works from AVADO
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience and exceptional AAT pass rates, an AAT course with us gives you the best chance to pass
Great teachers and inspiring content
Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
Support every step of the way as you learn with others
Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
An online platform built around you
Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
Affordable, all-inclusive prices
Payment packages to suit your budget. And no hidden surprises.
An award-winning provider you can trust
Winner of two AAT 2016 Awards including Best Use of E-learning and PQ Magazine Editor’s Choice Award 2017.
With 6,000 AAT students qualifying with us each year, we know this is learning that works. Enquire now to find out how it can work for you.
The AAT Introductory Award in Accounting Qualification (AAT Access) is designed to give you an introduction to the accounting profession and an understanding of the essential skills required to work as an accountant.
The AAT Access qualification consists of four units:
- Mathematics for accounting
- Essential accounting procedures
- Creating business documents
- Accounting in a professional environment
At the end of the course, you will take one exam, which will be a Computer Based Assessment (CBA), held at an approved exam
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 1 qualification - comparable to a pre-GCSE qualification
- One computer-based exam taken at an external test
- Complete within six months (typically takes 4 months)
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Four online units and
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay extra essentials like revision and assignment marking. That’s why we include everything above in the price. The only additional cost is your AAT membership, which you are required to pay directly to the AAT.
As this is a beginner level course there are no formal academic or work experience requirements. If you are unsure which level is right for you, the AAT offer a
The following prerequisites apply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable Internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You will be required to sit exams in an AAT approved test
. If you are an international student, please contact us for advice, additional postage fees for textbooks will apply outside the UK centre
The AAT Access qualification is your introduction to the world of accounting. With this qualification on your CV, employers will know that you are familiar with basic accounting concepts and that you are serious about pursuing a career in accounting.
This course is the first step in the full AAT pathway. The next course is the Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2), which progresses on to Levels 3 and 4. Once you complete the full pathway, you will have in-depth knowledge of advanced accounting processes and will also be eligible to become a full AAT Member (MAAT).
Our AAT Access course will also prepare you to take on junior or trainee Accounting roles. Roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this qualification include:
|Junior Administrator||Junior Accounts Assistant|
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
All our AAT courses are delivered through our
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
Want to see for yourself? Check out the video below for a guided tour of the AAT campus:
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally recognised accrediting body for accounting qualifications with over 125,000 members worldwide.
AAT Accounting qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to manage cash flow, budgets, and finances effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in an accountancy role.
Once you complete the Level 4 AAT qualification you can become a full AAT Member and put the letters MAAT after your name, giving you professional recognition of your qualifications.The AAT qualification pathway can also be the stepping stone to chartered accountant status with one of the main British Chartered Accountancy bodies, including the ACCA. You won’t need a degree and will even qualify for some exemptions from the ACCA qualification first papers.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.