Complete your AAT pathway with the AAT Level 3 & 4 course
AAT accounting courses offer you an accredited route into accountancy if you have little or no experience. Choosing an online training course in accounting allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
If you’ve gained your AAT Level 2 qualification and are keen to progress your career as quickly as possible, the AAT Level 3 & 4 Diploma will enable you to complete the full AAT pathway by teaching you about advanced and specialised areas of accountancy. Taking your AAT Level 3 & 4 online with us will make you eligible for AAT Full Membership, as a well as a host of accounting roles, including those with management aspects. And if you want to push your career even further, completing the AAT Level 3 & 4
*Book your AAT Accounting Qualification and spread the cost over 12, 18 or 24 monthly payments, interest-free. Representative example for AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting: Loan £875.50 over 12 months with 12 monthly payments of £72.96. The total amount repayable will be £945 which includes a deposit of £69.50. Click here for more representative examples and for full terms and conditions.
Get AAT qualified with learning that works from AVADO
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience and exceptional AAT pass rates, an AAT course with us gives you the best chance to pass
Great teachers and inspiring content
Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
Support every step of the way as you learn with others
Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
An online platform built around you
Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
Affordable price plans
Payment packages to suit your budget with a flexible range of monthly instalment options.
An award-winning provider you can trust
Winner of two AAT 2016 Awards including Best Use of E-learning and PQ Magazine Editor’s Choice Award 2017.
With 6,000 AAT students qualifying with us each year, we know this is learning that works. Enquire now to find out how it can work for you.
The AAT Level 3 & 4 course will progress your skills to an advanced level introducing you to more complex areas of accounting while also allowing you to explore more specialist skills. Topics covered include accounts preparation and drafting financial statements.
We translate the syllabus that the AAT sets into a combination of activities, classes, and other content to ensure you get the best learning experience possible.
This combined course covers fifteen units, of which twelve must be completed: six in the Level 3 qualification and nine in the Level 4 qualification.
The AAT Level 3 qualification consists of six units:
1. Advanced Bookkeeping
Be able to use a sub-divided accounting system to prepare trial balances and reconciliations, comprise the valuation of inventory, prepare accounts for irrecoverable debts and understand the disposal of non-current assets.
2. Final Accounts Preparation
Learn how to prepare accounts for different business types, record changes in the structure of a partnership and prepare final accounts from incomplete records.
3. Indirect Tax
Discover further elements to VAT legislation governing costs and learn how to prepare a VAT tax return.
4. Management Accounting: Costing
Be able to prepare budget accounts for company costs (materials, labour and expenses) and learn how to forecast for company revenues considering break-even and limiting factors.
5. Ethics for Accountants
Discover more about the ethical guidelines within
6. Spreadsheets for Accounting
Learn how to create advanced spreadsheets for accounting using appropriate formulas and formatting.
The AAT Level 4 qualification consists of nine units, of which you must complete six:
1. Management Accounting: Budgeting
Develop your skills working with budgetary control systems and learn how to create advanced budget reports to account for flexible budgeting and variances.
2. Management Accounting: Decision and Control
Be able to analyse performance based on a number of variable scenarios (materials, labour and overhead costs) and reconcile budgeted cost with actual cost.
3. Financial Statements of Limited Companies
Learn how to prepare robust financial statements in published format that adhere to regulatory frameworks and discover how to work with group accounts.
4. Accounting Systems and Controls
Learn how to professionally develop and manage a company’s accounting system by analysing current systems and recommending improvements.
Optional units, pick two out of five:
- Personal Tax - Learn how to successfully process employee tax.
- Business Tax - Become familiar with the nuances of business taxes.
- Cash and Treasury Management - Learn about cash flow patterns and forecasting future payments.
- Credit Management - Enhance your knowledge about company liquidity and credit control.
- External Auditing - Understand how the audit process works and learn how to contribute to the examination when one is conducted.
The AAT introduced synoptic exams last year as part of their new syllabus; designed to test your knowledge across all the units in a qualification. Our programme has been designed with these synoptic assessments in mind so you know you’ll be fully prepared before you sit them. Along with advice from your tutor, you can decide when you’re ready to take your exams.
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 4 qualification – equivalent to a Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma.
- Nine computer-based exams and two synoptic assessments, all taken at an external test centre
- Typically complete within 27 months
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Fifteen online units and a hard copy book to support each one
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
In order to
The following prerequisites also apply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (
ITLTS5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable Internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You must be able to attend all exams at a UK based AAT Approved
centre. Students outside the UK will incur an additional cost for international postage of textbooks.
AAT Level 3 & 4 will develop your skills greatly, not only by teaching you advanced general skills but allowing you to specialise in certain areas. Being able to show on your CV that you have completed the entire AAT pathway will not only demonstrate your
Once you have completed the full pathway you will be eligible to become an AAT Full Member. This means you can use the letters “MAAT” after your name and stand out to employers even more.
Although the AAT offer no further accounting courses after Level 4, this qualification is a perfect starting point for progressing to chartered accountant status. Having this qualification will grant you exemptions from the early papers of the ACCA qualification, meaning you’ll have already taken the first steps towards the next stage of your career.
Here are a couple of roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this qualification:
|Accounts Manager||Commercial Analyst|
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
Want to see for yourself? Check out the video below for a guided tour of the AAT campus:
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally recognised accrediting body for accounting qualifications with over 125,000 members worldwide.
AAT Accounting qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to manage cash flow, budgets, and finances effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in an accountancy role.
Once you complete the Level 4 AAT qualification you can become a full AAT Member and put the letters MAAT after your name, giving you professional recognition of your qualifications.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.