Take the next step in your accounting career with AAT Level 3
AAT accounting courses offer you an accredited route into accountancy if you have little or no experience. Choosing an online training course in accounting allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
If you have completed the AAT level 2 course, or are experienced at working in an accounting role, our AAT Level 3 online course will help you progress your career by teaching you more advanced and complex accounting skills. Once you have finished your training and gained the AAT Level 3 Diploma, you'll be equipped
*Book your AAT Accounting or Bookkeeping Qualification and spread the cost over 12 monthly payments, interest-free. 18 and 24 month interest-free terms are also available on some qualifications. Representative example for AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting: Loan £875.50 over 12 months with 12 monthly payments of £72.96. The total amount repayable will be £945 which includes a deposit of £69.50. Click here for more representative examples and for full terms and conditions.
Get AAT qualified with learning that works from AVADO
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience and exceptional AAT pass rates, an AAT course with us gives you the best chance to pass
Great teachers and inspiring content
Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
Support every step of the way as you learn with others
Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
An online platform built around you
Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
Affordable price plans
Payment packages to suit your budget with a flexible range of monthly instalment options.
An award-winning provider you can trust
Winner of two AAT 2016 Awards including Best Use of E-learning and PQ Magazine Editor’s Choice Award 2017.
With 6,000 AAT students qualifying with us each year, we know this is learning that works. Enquire now to find out how it can work for you.
The AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3) will build on the skills you developed in the Level 2 course, introducing you to more complex, specialist areas of accounting. Topics covered include accounts preparation, as well as costs and revenues.
We translate the syllabus that the AAT sets into a combination of activities, classes, and other content to ensure you get the best learning experience possible.
The AAT Level 3 qualification consists of six units:
1. Advanced Bookkeeping
Be able to use a sub-divided accounting system to prepare trial balances and reconciliations, comprise the valuation of inventory, prepare accounts for irrecoverable debts and understand the disposal of non-current assets.
2. Final Accounts Preparation
Learn how to prepare accounts for different business types, record changes in the structure of a partnership and prepare final accounts from incomplete records.
3. Indirect Tax
Discover further elements to VAT legislation governing costs and learn how to prepare a VAT tax return.
4. Management Accounting: Costing
Be able to prepare budget accounts for company costs (materials, labour and expenses) and learn how to forecast for company revenues considering break-even and limiting factors.
5. Ethics for Accountants
Discover more about the ethical guidelines within
6. Spreadsheets for Accounting
Learn how to create advanced spreadsheets for accounting using appropriate formulas and formatting.
The AAT introduced synoptic exams last year as part of their new syllabus; designed to test your knowledge across all the units in a qualification. Our programme has been designed with these synoptic assessments in mind so you know you’ll be fully prepared before you sit them. Along with advice from your tutor, you can decide when you’re ready to take your exams.
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 3 qualification - comparable to an A-level qualification
- Four computer-based exams and one synoptic assessment, all taken at an external test centre
- Typically complete within 12 months
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Five online units with a hard copy book to support each one
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay extra essentials like revision and assignment marking. That’s why we include everything above in the price. The only additional costs are your AAT membership and exam fees, which you are required to pay directly to the AAT.
In order to
The following entry requirements also apply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable Internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You must be able to attend all exams at a UK based AAT Approved centre. Students outside the UK will incur an additional cost for international postage of textbooks
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma will develop your accounting career by teaching you advanced accounting skills and knowledge. The qualification will also make you eligible for AAT Bookkeeper (AATQB) status, which will allow you to pursue a career as a freelance bookkeeper. Having this qualification on your CV will give you an edge in proving to potential employers your continued commitment to the accounting profession.
The next step in the full AAT pathway is the Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4), the final qualification in the series. Once you complete the full pathway, you will have in-depth knowledge of advanced accounting processes and will also be eligible to become an AAT Full Member (MAAT).
Here are a couple of roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this
|Finance Officer||Assistant Accountant|
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
All our AAT courses are delivered through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus (VLC). The VLC is an online learning platform that houses all your learning materials in one easy-to-access place. The VLC is designed for use on all internet-enabled devices, so you can study on your mobile or tablet anytime, wherever you are.
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally
AAT Accounting qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to manage cash flow, budgets, and finances effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in an accountancy role.
Once you complete the Professional Diploma (Level 4) AAT qualification you can become a full AAT Member and put the letters MAAT after your name, giving you professional recognition of your qualifications.
The AAT qualification pathway can also be the stepping stone to chartered accountant status with one of the main British Chartered Accountancy bodies, including the ACCA. You won’t need a degree and will even qualify for some exemptions from the ACCA qualification first papers.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.