Gain AAT Bookkeeper status with the AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 & 3 course
AAT Bookkeeping courses offer you an accredited route into bookkeeping if you have little or no experience. Choosing online bookkeeping training allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
If you’re looking to rapidly develop bookkeeping skills to a high level, the AAT Level 2 & 3 Bookkeeping course will complete the AAT Bookkeeping pathway in one continuous study period. You’ll start by building a solid foundation of the basics of bookkeeping before moving on to more advanced and complex skills. Once you’ve passed your online Bookkeeping Level 2 & 3
Become a qualified Bookkeeper with learning that works from AVADO
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience, studying with us gives you the best chance to pass
- Great teachers and inspiring content. Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
- Support every step of the way as you learn with others. Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
- An online platform built around you. Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
- Affordable, all-inclusive prices. Payment packages to suit your budget. And no hidden surprises.
- An award-winning provider you can trust. Winner of 2 AAT 2016 Awards including Best Use of E-learning and PQ Magazine Editor’s Choice Award 2017.
With 6,000 AAT students qualifying with us each year, we know this is learning that works. Contact us now to find out how it can work for you.
The AAT Level 2 & 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping (Advanced) will teach you both basic and advanced bookkeeping concepts and skills, as well as spreadsheets and software use. Topics covered include double-entry bookkeeping and financial statements.
We translate the syllabus that the AAT sets into a combination of activities, classes, and other content to ensure you get the best learning experience possible.
The combined Level 2 & 3 course contains five units in total: two from Level 2 and three from Level 3. During the
The AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 qualification consists of two units:
1. Bookkeeping Transactions
Review double-entry processes and business documentation, trial balances, the cashbook, reconciling a supplier’s statement, discounted transactions and payment records.
2. Bookkeeping Controls
Be able to prepare control accounts, use journals, understand the banking system, and manage cash books, petty cash and control accounts.
The AAT Bookkeeping Level 3 qualification consists of three units:
1. Advanced Bookkeeping
Be able to use a sub-divided accounting system to prepare trial balances and reconciliations, comprise the valuation of inventory, prepare accounts for irrecoverable debts and understand the disposal of non-current assets.
2. Final Accounts Preparation
Learn how to prepare accounts for different business types, record changes in the structure of a partnership and prepare final accounts from incomplete records.
3. Indirect Tax
Discover further elements to VAT legislation governing costs and learn how to prepare a VAT tax return.
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 3 qualification - comparable to
an Alevel qualification
- Five computer-based exams taken at an external test
- Typically complete within 12 months
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Course textbooks for each unit (hard copy and online)
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay extra essentials like revision and assignment marking. That’s why we include everything above in the price. The only additional cost is your registration with the AAT, which you are required to pay directly to the AAT, in order to sit your assessments.
As this course begins at the foundation level there are no formal academic or work experience requirements. We do recommend that you have GCSE level qualifications in English and Maths, but it is not essential.
The following prerequisites apply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable Internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You must be able to attend all exams at a UK based AAT Approved
centre. Students outside the UK will incur an additional cost for international postage of textbooks.
AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 & 3 will teach you the basics before moving on to advanced bookkeeping functions, which will allow you to take on further responsibility either in your current role or a new one. Having this qualification on your CV will show employers that as well as being highly knowledgeable about the bookkeeping function, you are also committed to the profession.
This course completes the AAT Bookkeeping pathway and will allow you to apply for AAT Bookkeeper (AATQB) status. This will allow you to work as a respected freelance Bookkeeper, charging by the hour for your services.
Completing AAT Bookkeeping qualifications will also give you exemptions from the relevant bookkeeping units of the AAT Accountancy Pathway, meaning you’ll have a fast track route into the accountancy profession if you choose to progress your career even further.
Here are a couple of roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this qualification:
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
All our AAT Bookkeeping courses are delivered through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus (VLC). The VLC is an online learning platform that houses all your learning materials in one easy-to-access place. The VLC is designed for use on all internet-enabled devices, so you can study on your mobile or tablet anytime, wherever you are.
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
Want to see for yourself? Check out the video below for a guided tour of the AAT campus:
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally
AAT Bookkeeping qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to record transactions and manage books effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in a bookkeeping role.
Once you complete the AAT Bookkeeping Level 3 qualification you will be eligible to apply for AAT Bookkeeper status, which lets you use the letters “AATQB” after your name and allows you to become a respected freelance Bookkeeper.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.