Get your first bookkeeping qualification with the AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 course
AAT Bookkeeping courses offer you an accredited route into bookkeeping if you have little or no experience. Choosing online bookkeeping training allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
Interested in exploring a career in bookkeeping? Or performing the bookkeeping function for your own business? Begin your training with an AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping course. You’ll create a strong foundation of bookkeeping concepts and skills you’ll be able to apply in either your current role or a new one. Successfully complete our online Bookkeeping Level 2 course and you’ll be ready to move on to more advanced training with AAT Bookkeeping Level 3.
Become a qualified Bookkeeper with learning that works from AVADO
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience, studying with us gives you the best chance to pass
- Great teachers and inspiring content. Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
- Support every step of the way as you learn with others. Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
- An online platform built around you. Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
- Affordable, all-inclusive prices. Payment packages to suit your budget. And no hidden surprises.
- An award-winning provider you can trust. Winner of 2 AAT 2016 Awards including Best Use of E-learning and PQ Magazine Editor’s Choice Award 2017.
With 6,000 AAT students qualifying with us each year, we know this is learning that works. Contact us now to find out how it can work for you.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (Foundation) will give you an understanding of basic bookkeeping principles, terminology, and skills. You’ll gain all the knowledge you need to gain an entry-level bookkeeping job or to perform the bookkeeping function in your own business. Topics covered include double entry bookkeeping and VAT.
We translate the syllabus that the AAT sets into a combination of activities, classes, and other content to ensure you get the best learning experience possible. During the course, you will take two computer-based assessments, which will be held at an approved exam
The AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 qualification consists of two units:
1. Bookkeeping Transactions
Review double-entry processes and business documentation, trial balances, the cashbook, reconciling a supplier’s statement, discounted transactions and payment records.
2. Bookkeeping Controls
Be able to prepare control accounts, use journals, understand the banking system, and manage cash books, petty cash and control accounts.
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 2 qualification - comparable to a GCSE or higher diploma level qualification
- Two computer-based exams taken at an external test
- Typically complete in around 5 months
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Course textbooks for each unit (hard copy and online)
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay extra essentials like revision and assignment marking. That’s why we include everything above in the price. The only additional cost is your registration with the AAT, which you are required to pay directly to the AAT in order to sit your assessments.
As this is a Foundation level course there are no formal academic or work experience requirements. We do recommend that you have GCSE level qualifications in English and Maths, but it is not essential.
The following prerequisites apply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You must be able to attend all exams at a UK based AAT Approved
centre. Students outside the UK will incur an additional cost for international postage of textbooks
AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 will teach you the basic foundations of bookkeeping, which you can utilise by either pursuing a career as a bookkeeper or by fulfilling the bookkeeping function in your own business. Having this qualification on your CV will give you an edge in proving your competence and dedication to potential employers.
After you complete the Level 2 Bookkeeping course you can progress on to Level 3 to learn more advanced skills. This completes the AAT Bookkeeping pathway and will allow you to attain AAT Bookkeeper (AATQB) status.
Completing AAT Bookkeeping qualifications will also give you exemptions from the relevant bookkeeping units of the AAT Accountancy Pathway, meaning you’ll have a fast track route into the accountancy profession if you choose to progress your career even further.
Here are a couple of roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this qualification:
|Accounts Clerk||Finance Assistant|
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
All our AAT Bookkeeping courses are delivered through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus (VLC). The VLC is an online learning platform that houses all your learning materials in one easy-to-access place. The VLC is designed for use on all internet-enabled devices, so you can study on your mobile or tablet anytime, wherever you are.
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally
AAT Bookkeeping qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to record transactions and manage books effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in a bookkeeping role.
Once you complete the AAT Bookkeeping Level 3 qualification you will be eligible to apply for AAT Bookkeeper status, which lets you use the letters “AATQB” after your name and allows you to become a respected freelance Bookkeeper.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.