Reach your potential as a qualified Bookkeeper with the AAT Bookkeeping Level 3 course
AAT Bookkeeping courses offer you an accredited route into bookkeeping if you have little or no experience. Choosing online bookkeeping training allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
If you’re looking to improve your bookkeeping skills to a higher level, the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 3) will complete the AAT Bookkeeping pathway. You’ll master advanced concepts and train for more complex situations you may encounter in a bookkeeping role. Once you’ve passed your online Bookkeeping Level 3 course you’ll be eligible for AAT Bookkeeper (AATQB) status, and will have the option of progressing on to the AAT Accountancy pathway.
Enrol now and receive a 12 month AAT subscription worth £43 for free.
*Book your AAT Accounting or Bookkeeping Qualification and spread the cost over 12 monthly payments, interest-free. 18 and 24 month interest-free terms are also available on some qualifications. Representative example for AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting: Loan £875.50 over 12 months with 12 monthly payments of £72.96. The total amount repayable will be £945 which includes a deposit of £69.50. Click here for more representative examples and for full terms and conditions.
Become a qualified Bookkeeper with learning that works from AVADO
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience, studying with us gives you the best chance to pass
Great teachers and inspiring content
Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
Support every step of the way as you learn with others
Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
An online platform built around you
Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
Affordable price plans
Payment packages to suit your budget with a flexible range of monthly instalment options.
An award-winning provider you can trust
Winner of two AAT 2016 Awards including Best Use of E-learning and PQ Magazine Editor’s Choice Award 2017.
With 6,000 AAT students qualifying with us each year, we know this is learning that works. Contact us now to find out how it can work for you.
The AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping (Advanced) will teach you more complex and advanced bookkeeping concepts and skills. You’ll also continue learning about spreadsheets and other software that will be useful in a bookkeeping role. Topics covered include depreciation calculations and financial statements.
We translate the syllabus that the AAT sets into a combination of activities, classes, and other content to ensure you get the best learning experience possible. During the
The AAT Bookkeeping Level 3 qualification consists of three units:
1. Advanced Bookkeeping
Be able to use a sub-divided accounting system to prepare trial balances and reconciliations, comprise the valuation of inventory, prepare accounts for irrecoverable debts and understand the disposal of non-current assets.
- Principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Depreciation calculations
- Period-end adjustments
- Producing and extending the trial balance
2. Final Accounts Preparation
Understand the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader. Learn how to prepare accounts for different business types, record changes in the structure of a partnership and prepare final accounts from incomplete records.
- The financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of
- Final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Accounts for sole traders
- Accounts for partnerships
3. Indirect Tax
Discover further elements to VAT legislation governing costs and learn how to prepare a VAT tax return.
- VAT legislation requirements
- Completing VAT returns and submitting them in a timely manner
- Understanding the implications for the business of errors, omissions and late filing and payment
- Reporting VAT-related information within the
organisationin accordance with regulatory and organisationalrequirement
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 3 qualification - comparable to
an Alevel qualification
- Three computer-based exams taken at an external test
- Typically complete in around 7 months
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Course textbooks for each unit (hard copy and online)
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
- Free AAT Subscription worth £43
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay extra essentials like revision and assignment marking. That’s why we include everything above in the price. The only additional costs are your AAT membership and exam fees, which you are required to pay directly to the AAT.
An AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 2) or other
In addition, the following entry requirements apply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You must be able to attend all exams at a UK based AAT Approved
centre. Students outside the UK will incur an additional cost for international postage of textbooks.
AAT Bookkeeping Level 3 will teach you more advanced bookkeeping functions, which will allow you to take on further responsibility either in your current role or a new one. Having this qualification on your CV will show employers that as well as being highly knowledgeable about the bookkeeping function, you are also committed to the profession.
This course completes the AAT Bookkeeping pathway and will allow you to apply for AAT Bookkeeper (AATQB) status. This will allow you to work as a respected freelance Bookkeeper, charging by the hour for your services.
Completing AAT Bookkeeping qualifications will also give you exemptions from the relevant bookkeeping units of the AAT Accountancy pathway, meaning you’ll have a fast track route into the accountancy profession if you choose to progress your career even further.
Here are a couple of roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this qualification:
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
All our AAT Bookkeeping courses are delivered through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus (VLC). The VLC is an online learning platform that houses all your learning materials in one easy-to-access place. The VLC is designed for use on all internet-enabled devices, so you can study on your mobile or tablet anytime, wherever you are.
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
Want to see for yourself? Check out the video below for a guided tour of the AAT campus:
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally
AAT Bookkeeping qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to record transactions and manage books effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in a bookkeeping role.
Once you complete the AAT Bookkeeping Level 3 qualification you will be eligible to apply for AAT Bookkeeper status, which lets you use the letters “AATQB” after your name and allows you to become a respected freelance Bookkeeper.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.