The CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership is the introductory qualification at this level and gives you a comprehensive overview of the principles of leadership and management and how you can apply these in your organisation.
The Certificate consists of 2 units taught online over 14 weeks. Each unit takes between 5-7 weeks to study.
UNIT 1 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Understand factors which impact on an organisation’s internal environment
- Understand the application of management and leadership theories
- Understand the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be effective in a management and leadership role
UNIT 2 LEADING INDIVIDUALS AND TEAMS TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS
- Understand approaches to developing, managing and leading teams
- Understand approaches to achieving a balance of skills and experience in teams
- Know techniques for leading individuals and teams to achieve success
The Certificate is achieved by continuous assessment; at the end of each unit you will complete a business-relevant, written assignment. Your work is graded by a CMI expert tutor, who will provide personal feedback aimed at enhancing your development.