Raise your management game with CMI Level 5
The Chartered Management Institute Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is a globally recognised qualification, designed to give you the leadership and management skills to succeed in your managerial career, whatever your industry.
Whether you are new to management or have some experience leading a team, this qualification is designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the latest management and leadership approaches and theories, and their practical application in your organisation. By developing your leadership skills in this qualification, you will boost your success as a manager and the performance of your team. You will also gain a recognised qualification to increase your recognition and status within your organisation and make yourself more valuable to current and future employers.
Enrol now for our February 2019 start date and save 50% on the CMI Level 5 Diploma!
Limited places available.Terms and conditions apply.
1 in 5
Only 1 in 5 managers hold a professional qualification
have improved performance at work after achieving CMI
have gained increased professional recognition from their qualification
The CMI Level 5 Diploma is a great stepping stone from junior or middle-management to more senior roles and will help you identify and close any gaps in your leadership skills; from problem solving, decision making, and managing finance to change management. As digital transformation experts, AVADO also bring a digital emphasis to each unit to illuminate how technology and data are impacting management now. Future-proof your management career by getting ahead with digital and the changing nature of the workplace.
Because our Level 5 Leadership and Management course is a fully online qualification, you can study flexibly in your own time and still be fully supported by your personal tutor and a guided set of milestones to keep you on track. What’s more, you’ll learn with a group of fellow managers, motivating each other through the qualification and sharing experiences collaboratively.
Become a qualified manager with learning that works from AVADO
Choose a provider with 27 years’ experience delivering professional qualifications online and outstanding success in delivering management training to give you the best chance of success.
Our unique approach includes:
Award winning learning design
With clear learning objectives in mind we help you to be curious, to choose topics to explore more deeply, to apply your learning at work and to learn by doing.
High quality content
We produce all our own bespoke high-quality videos, infographics, animations and interactive e-learning activities just for this programme so it is current and relevant – our content is a world away from dusty old textbooks.
Learn anytime, anywhere
Our mobile-friendly online learning gives you the flexibility to study when and where you want. Enjoy the benefits of structured and fully supported learning without the hassle and expense of travelling to training centres.
Develop skills together
You will progress through the course with a group of fellow managers, sharing experiences and motivating each other. By collaborating and networking together, you will develop in-demand skills like problem solving, adaptability and breaking-down silos.
As well as developing traditional Management & Leadership skills, AVADO’s CMI course includes a digital focus within each unit, helping you to future-proof your career with an understanding of the impact of technology in the world of work.
Hand-picked industry experts
Be inspired by our experts who bring real world experience as well as the very latest thinking and business examples. Your dedicated, proactive tutor will stay with you throughout the programme and is contactable when you need them
The CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is the most comprehensive qualification at this level and covers a broad range of essential theories, vital skills and practical approaches to help you become a performance-oriented manager and future-focused leader.
The Diploma consists of 8 units taught online over 12 months. Each unit takes between 5-7 weeks to study.
UNIT 1 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Understand factors which impact on an organisation’s internal environment
- Understand the application of management and leadership theories
- Understand the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be effective in a management and leadership role
UNIT 2 LEADING INDIVIDUALS AND TEAMS TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS
- Understand approaches to developing, managing and leading teams
- Understand approaches to achieving a balance of skills and experience in teams
- Know techniques for leading individuals and teams to achieve success
UNIT 3 REFLECTIVE PRACTICE AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Understand the value of reflective practice to inform personal and professional development
- Know how to apply reflective practice to inform personal and professional development
UNIT 4 MANAGING STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS
- Understand the different types and value of stakeholder relationships
- Understand the frameworks for stakeholder management
- Know how to manage stakeholder relationships
- Know methods for measuring the impact of stakeholder engagement on organisational performance
UNIT 5 MANAGING PROJECTS TO ACHIEVE RESULTS
- Understand the role of projects in delivering organisational strategy
- Understand processes for initiating, planning and managing projects
- Understand the factors which contribute to effective project management
UNIT 6 CREATING AND DELIVERING OPERATIONAL PLANS
- Understand the principles of operational planning in an organisation
- Know how to create an operational plan in line with organisational objectives
- Know how to manage and lead the delivery of an operational plan
- Know how to monitor and measure the outcome of operational planning
UNIT 7 MANAGING FINANCE
- Understand finance within organisations
- Know how to set and manage budgets
UNIT 8 MANAGING CHANGE
- Understand the reasons for change in organisations
- Understand approaches to change management
- Understand how to initiate, plan and manage change in an organisation
The Diploma is achieved by continuous assessment; at the end of each unit you will complete a business-relevant, written assignment. Your work is graded by a CMI expert tutor, who will provide personal feedback aimed at enhancing your development.
We include everything you need in the course price, so there are no hidden extras. Your course price includes:
- Online tuition, materials and assessment for each unit
- CMI membership for the duration of the course
- 24-hour access to your online campus
- High-quality learning content designed by learning experts
- Dedicated tutor support by phone, email and online
- Free access to AVADO’s Career Development Hub
- Free NUS student discount card
- Free access to ManagementDirect, CMI’s online knowledge resource full of best practice content and research
With no workshops or exams to attend, you won’t incur travel costs or need to arrange time off work or childcare.
We recommend that you have experience of studying at foundation degree or higher, and have management experience.
You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language).
The CMI Level 5 Diploma will give you the latest leadership skills and management approaches to further your management career. Whether you are new to management and want to learn the fundamentals; or have some years of experience and want to formalise your skills with a qualification, this internally recognised Diploma will make you stand out in your organisation.
Upon successful completion you will have a CMI Diploma in Management and Leadership, the benchmark qualification which enables you to:
- Apply for full CMI membership with the designatory letters MCMI after your name
- Combined with experience, apply for Chartered Manager status, the highest status in the profession with the letters CMgr MCMI after your name.
- Demonstrate to current and future employers your commitment to excellence in leadership and continued professional development
- Holding a professional Qualification leads to additional earnings of £152,000 throughout your career
“Qualified managers demonstrate commitment to their career, organisation and professional development.”
Ann Francke CCMI Cmgr, Chief Executive, CMI
Each unit in your Diploma takes between 5-7 weeks to study, with an assessment completed online at the end of the final week, so there are no workshops or exams to attend.
Virtual Learning Campus
Your CMI course will delivered online through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus, which has all the learning resources you need.
You can access the campus 24/7 from any internet connected device, so you can study on your mobile or tablet, wherever you are.
You will have a dedicated, industry-expert tutor throughout your studies, who will give you the support you need. The tutor will deliver live online classes for your group regularly throughout each unit, bringing together the key learning points and bringing the subjects to life with real-world examples and case studies.
Learn as a group
Whilst we offer flexibility in our online learning, we know that structure and support are important to achieving your completion. That’s why all our courses run in a group, so you progress with a cohort of fellow managers, sharing knowledge and experiences whilst you keep each other motivated. This online collaboration is why our completion rates are industry-leading and a real advantage for you to network and develop online communication skills.
Easy to absorb content
Your course has a weekly structure that is easy to follow and inbuilt progress tracking to show what you need to achieve and how you are getting on. We use a brain friendly methodology to enhance your understanding and embed the learning, which is broken down into manageable activities so you can fit it in around your busy schedule.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the only chartered professional body in the UK for management and leadership. With over 100,000 members, CMI gives leaders and managers the skills and techniques to improve their performance and the performance of their organisations. The CMI offers a range of globally recognised qualifications in leadership and management, rooted in research and designed to offer practical application of theory to deliver real career progression for its members.
Chartered Manager status is the highest accolade in the management profession and is only awarded by the CMI. It is recognised across industries and sectors, as a mark of excellence of managers. Chartered Manager status can be achieved through various routes, you can become eligible by gaining the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership alongside 3 years of management experience.
You will receive CMI membership as part of your qualification, giving you access to ManagementDirect - CMI’s online portal of industry-led management and leadership content.