Analytics Engineer – Allplants
- Data and Technology
We created allplants to make eating more plants a supremely positive choice that is delicious, healthy, accessible and full of joy: an inclusive celebration of food and life: a fiesta, not a fast. Through our food and website we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time, with delicious, chef-made, plant-based food straight from our kitchen to yours.
Already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe we’ve served millions of meal-times to homes UK-wide, subscribing for feel-good healthier living. Our plans for 2021 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious – growing our kitchen and product range to serve our expanding community of allplants people.
allplants is one of only a handful of venture capital backed B-Corps in the world, dedicated to leveraging high growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis at scale, using business as a force for good. Our team of +100 cook, taste, create and (usually when not in lockdown) operate from The Greenhouse, our HQ in North London.
We are proudly a Living Wage employer!
We are proudly a B-corp, considering planet and people alongside profit.
*No recruiters please
The Analytics Engineer role will play a critical role in creating and maintaining our new data processing pipeline. Initially you will work closely with other members of the Engineering and Business Intelligence teams to capture data, create infrastructure, and translate our reporting needs into useful metrics. The role will then develop into improving and maintaining that ELT system, extending our metrics into new areas of the business as part of a KPI-driven squad, and working alongside Business Intelligence to share engineering best practices.
The ability to gain insights from our data is essential to allplants’ success. By building seamless shared-ownership and reliability between Engineering and Business Intelligence this Analytics Engineer will bridge a common gap left by a traditional Data Engineer role. Read more about how we see the difference between an Analytics Engineer and a Data Engineer here.
The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for software engineering best practices, data, and business stakeholders’ needs, preferably with experience in at least two of those worlds. They use SQL as their tool of choice and are excited by the potential of high-quality data.
The salary for this role is aligned to our internal framework at £33,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
have ownership throughout.
– Be hands-on with SQL and our data warehouse to create transformations and dashboards
– Coordinate the planning, execution and release of system improvements
– Take a leading role in developing strategy for our data culture, infrastructure, and integrations
be a team player.
– Work in cross-functional squads with platform engineers, Business Intelligence, Marketing, and others to iteratively create sector-leading data tools
– Use your expertise to coach engineers and analysts, making your impact exponential
– Contribute to hiring and further building out our team of top-notch Engineers
– Define how we monitor our systems and tools to maintain excellent reliability
– Be continually learning and experimenting with new ideas and tools
– A pathway into managerial responsibilities and/or continued individual contribution
what you’ll need.*
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you [are/have]:
- Confident working with SQL and databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Confident working with Git/GitHub and version control concepts
- Ability to effectively trade-off quality and execution speed
- Desire to share knowledge and enable others
- Experience working with analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Amplitude or Mixpanel
- Experience working with data warehousing, such as Snowflake or AWS Redshift
- Experience working with data visualisation tools, such as Looker, PowerBI or Tableau
- Bonus points for experience using Saas “extract & load” tools, such as Stitch
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
– Be part of a business with an impact and purpose (we’re also a certified B-Corp!), using commerciality to better serve people & planet
– Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks every day, and lots of allplants tastings(!) from our exceptional in-house cheffing team
– Collaborative, purpose-built office in Blackhorse Road, on the Victoria line
– A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
– Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
– Free allplants delivery once per month
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
Our office, The Greenhouse, is based about 10-minute walk from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line.
However, at the moment our office based staff are working remotely.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm, and our new nightshift will be structured to run for 8 hours across the evening) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday. We embrace flexible working and adopt a ‘core hours’ model which is implemented differently from team-to-team.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we’re committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.
- Data and Technology
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Communications Assistant - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning
- Inside Sales Representative - Modulr