Commercial Analyst – AO Business
- Sales and Commercial
About The Role
In AO Business we go to great lengths to provide better value for businesses. We’re experienced in working with a variety of different industries to give advice on the right products, delivery to suit the schedule of our clients and business services to meet their needs. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen.
We are at the start of our journey, with growth ambitions to rival that of the retail business. In the B2B team we’re obsessive about our customers and the experience they get with us. As a new division under the AO umbrella this role is integral to helping managers to understand their areas of the business and provide them with data to enable them to make commercial decisions. The division consists of 5 pillars; Insurance, Supported Living, SMEs, Student Accommodation and House Builders. Each pillar has a manager who wants to understand more about how to improve their pillar’s performance.
Working within our Commercial Department, you’ll be responsible for reporting analysis and insight into pillars, and will be a key member of the B2B team as we look to grow rapidly in the next 2-3 years. The right person will be very comfortable manipulating data, the drive to want to investigate numbers and explain variances to non-finance people.
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Understand and investigate the daily performance of a number of pillars and analyse performance for non-finance heads.
- Provide recommendations for commercial changes to managers, and implement/drive the relevant changes where agreed
- Full ownership of numbers including analysis on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Review performance WoW, v’s PY and v’s budget. Explain why variances have occurred and explain variance to non-finance managers.
- Responsible for working with managers to put together the budget for the coming financial year
- Completing ad hoc requests for information and analysis to help support the business make informed data driven decisions to seize opportunities and drive results.
- Ultimately you are there to make sure we are staying on track or raise the alarm if we need to take action to get us back to where we need to be.
A Few Things About You
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Ambitious and self-motivated. Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude.
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set. Solid business and commercial awareness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience of working within a commercial or analytical function.
- Part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like “treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of” because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own “AO Perks” to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
- Sales and Commercial
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Communications Assistant - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning
- Inside Sales Representative - Modulr