Commercial Analyst Intern
About The Role
The Manchester Commercial Finance team at AO has a varied remit, from finance and operations, to reporting and analytics. Our Commercial Analyst Intern will have contact with departments across the group on a weekly basis, so we need someone who can communicate with people on all levels in a friendly and professional way. You will report to the RP&A Manager and work very closely with our whole Commercial team.
We work in a fast paced business in a constantly changing environment, however, the Commercial Finance function provides stability with a timetable that allows for both weekly and monthly reporting. Our employees are able to work towards a timely schedule, however, are still required to think on their feet.
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Responsible for the weekly and month end payroll process regarding departmental bonus
- Updating KPI packs on a daily and weekly basis in order to monitor performance
- Actively using Excel to build models, as well as maintaining ones previously created
- Actively engage across all areas of the business
- Understanding and interpreting the commercial performance of the business
A Few Things About You
- Highly numerate and logical
- 2nd Year of University Complete
- GCSE English & Maths A-C
- Attention to detail
- Results driven and ambitious
- IT skills – with the use of Excel and Powerpoint preferred but not essential
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Proactive approach and needs to embrace the company values
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like “treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of” because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own “AO Perks” to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Customer Experience Professional
- Supply Chain Leadership Apprenticeship
- Human Resources - Higher Apprenticeship
- Quality Assurance Support Apprentice
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- User Experience - Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Finance Apprenticeship
- Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship
- Laboratory Scientist Apprenticeship – Early Stage Formulation Sciences
- Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
- Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Summer Internship, Internal Audit Services (IAS)
- Graduate Sales Executive - Live Chat
- Pricing Administrator B2B
- Customer Fulfillment Co-ordinator