Communications Assistant – Summer Internship 2021
Legal and General
- Marketing and PR
- £12.50 an hour
- Closing Date:
As a company, to be one of the world’s largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we’re a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term – for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we’re committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we’d love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Are you looking for a summer internship that is technically challenging? One that develops commercial acumen alongside your technical skills?
We’re looking for undergraduates who can answer “yes” to the above for our 2021 Marketing Summer Internship Scheme. If you’re successful, you’ll join Legal & General’s well-regarded marketing community, which plays a pivotal role in our continued success.
Marketing is central to ensuring a profitable, well run insurance business and your work will support the success of a FTSE 100 company.
This role will support the PR and Communications Director, Marketing Manager and Internal Communications team in successfully actioning both the external and internal communications strategy for the Institutional Retirement division within Legal & General.
The role will involve a combination of content drafting, administration and where possible, project management. Examples of responsibilities include writing original content for media and the Intranet, monitoring and managing the LGR Communications mailbox, monitoring press coverage, liaising with PR agencies, and ad hoc projects.
Some of the day-to-day activities could include:
- To support the LGRI Communications and Marketing team in successfully executing and delivering effective communications within and between our three global divisions: Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI), Legal & General Retirement America (LGRA), and Legal & General Reinsurance (LGRe).
- To provide support to the LGRI communications team by monitoring the team mailbox, updating content calendar, writing monthly reports and drafting responses and providing support for any other appropriate communications administration tasks.
- To support the LGRI Communications and Marketing teams in drafting engaging and compelling content for the retirement division for multiple channels, including: the internal intranet, newsletter, social media and ad hoc update emails.
- To assist in the production of original content for external communication, including media materials such as presentations, press releases and expert commentary.
- To design and build a method for storing marketing materials to facilitate easy access and updating.
- To support the LGRI Communications team in the successful execution of any ad hoc communications projects and tasks.
- To support the LGRI communications team in developing and producing social media assets/ videos/digital content and coming up with new ways to communicate digitally, both externally and internally.
First and foremost, we’re looking for people with an inquisitive mind and a desire to learn. We’re not expecting prior industry experience, but we’ll want to see that you have the tools to develop quickly. These include:
- On track for a 2.1 degree in any subject
- GCSEs in English and Maths grade C or above essential. Educated to A level standard required.
- Analytical mind-set, with a high level of numeracy
- Great communication skills
- Flexible and a team-player
- High levels of interest, dynamism and commitment
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Communications or marketing communications interest
- Knowledge of communications channels commonly used by businesses
- Good writing skills
- A willingness to learn how to draft engaging and informative communications
- Good proof-reading skills
- Good time management skills and an ability to work autonomously
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 and an ability to learn new technology systems
- Good working knowledge of current digital communications channels
- A creative thinker
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work independently focusing on priorities, and managing a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Good people skills and the ability to deal with business stakeholders in an effective and collaborative way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals across various internal and external businesses and support functions.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Bringing out the best in you
We believe that good businesses are built on doing the right thing and strive to do what is best for both our people and our customers. This means enabling you to bring your best self to work by giving you what you need, when you need it.
This is why we’ve designed a process that puts you in control, because we recognise that your time is valuable. At each step, make sure you take time to pause and reflect before progressing to the next, as each subsequent step will ask for a bit more of your time.
We want you to feel comfortable that this process is as fair and inclusive as possible, so please let us know if you have an illness or disability that you think may affect your performance during the process, so that reasonable adjustments can be made.
At each step we’ll give more information and clear instructions on what actions you need to take. You’ll be assessed at each of these steps.
In brief our recruitment process will include: submitting an application for the role (consisting of uploading your CV, completing information to assess your eligibility based on your A-Level grades and degree, online testing (a Situational Judgement and General Ability test), phone calls with our team to cover off basic screening questions, a call with our team to answer any questions you may have about the scheme and a virtual line manager interview.
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Ha Nguyen at Ha.Nguyen@lgim.com (LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/HaNguyen89). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.
Legal and General
- Marketing and PR
- £12.50 an hour
- Closing Date:
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Project Support Executive at Blenheim Chalcot
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning
- Inside Sales Representative - Modulr