Contact Centre Manager
- Customer Service
About The Role
Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do, and the foundation of our success lies on keeping it the best it can be. We summarise this as “Treat every customer like your Nan, by making decisions your Mum would be proud of”
With our high-performance culture, we need to find someone with a passion for developing those that they lead, fixing every sort of Customer query you can imagine whilst making sure it’s all done to an Exceptional standard. Our commitment to being exceptional means hard work and we are happy to offer this with a smile on our face, because we care more.
Every detail matters to us, but nothing is more important than making our Customers happy. To do that you’ll need to be passionately obsessed with what the business is doing and how your team are performing. Your first responsibility would be to understand our Culture, Vision & Values and measures of success.
Shifts – 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday. Must be flexible to meet business demand.
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Manage daily performance, ASA, SLA and KPI’s to deliver maximum customer satisfaction.
• Provide leadership, development and coaching for Team Managers to ensure high performance and succession planning.
• Drive our Culture, Values and Customer Strategy.
• Display exceptional behaviours, maintain high standards and ensure a high performance culture is embedded.
• Effective and clear communication throughout the team.
• Maintain a positive team atmosphere.
• Dealing with escalated customers
• Continually stay up to speed with the fast-paced nature of our business and relay this information clearly to others.
• Help to reinvent processes to ensure they are customer centric.
• Gather and share training requirements.
• Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Working with Recruitment and HR to ensure we have the best people.
• Help with improvements to Induction and Academy.
A Few Things About You
• An impressive background in leading people in a customer-facing environment – If you are a great Manager, we can teach you what we do and how we do it.
• Expert Organisational skills to enable you to manage many varied tasks.
• A passion for Self Development – you earn your progression here at AO.
• Strong communication, engagement & influencing skills. You’ll deal with customers, your team and different departments as part of this role.
• Ability to prioritise and delegate tasks to ensure workload is completed to a consistent, high standard.
• A desire to learn quickly – we’re not your average Business!
• Day to Day Management of your Team – Coaching, Managing and Developing People through 1:1’s, Team Meetings, Call Listening & Appraisals
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like “treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of” because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own “AO Perks” to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
- Customer Service
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Communications Assistant - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning
- Inside Sales Representative - Modulr