Credit Control Assistant (6 month FTC)
- Finance and Accounting
About The Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join AO B2B Finance department as a Credit Controller, and be an integral part of the AO B2B team.
You will be joining a fast-paced growing department, part of a dynamic team whilst having the independence to work alone in a fast-paced environment. The Credit Control role is responsible for managing credit accounts, ensuring invoices are sent, credit limits are maintained, and payments are made as per terms of the client.
This role is no ordinary finance role with no two days are the same – you will constantly be challenged and driven out of your comfort zone. Picture a typical Finance department… Scrap that concept!
This is a work hard play hard environment with an excellent diverse team! If you feel you are up to the challenge…. Read on!
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• General administration and ad hoc duties as required
• Production of management information (aged debtors reporting)
• Bank reconciliations
• Liaise with internal and external bodies to resolve queries
• Issuing monthly statements to business customer
• Resolving queries on accounts and updating records
• Management of client debt balances and chasing outstanding accounts
• Account and statement reconciliations
• Allocating all monies received to customer accounts
• Monitor payments received and balances due
• Maintain sales ledger records in and off system
• Raising and issuing sales Invoices
A Few Things About You
• Experience in financial accounting software, such as Microsoft Dynamics (AX) is preferred but not essential
• Strong Microsoft office skills
• Be able to prioritise workload
• Willingness to learn and proactively seek resolutions
• A good team player as well as having the ability to work independently
• Able to work under pressure
• Be able to work to daily/weekly/ monthly deadlines displaying speed and accuracy
• Well organised and efficient
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
• GCSE English and Maths at Grade B or above
A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is “treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of”. To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
- Finance and Accounting
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Communications Assistant - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning
- Inside Sales Representative - Modulr