Customer Experience Executive – ByMiles
- Customer Service
We’re doing things a little differently…. Want to join us on our journey, to help us grow?
Started in 2017 by our CEO, James, and co-founder, Callum, we’re an award winning, technology start-up, based in Hammersmith. With a mission to give people fairer car insurance, in the face of a £15 billion industry, we’ve built the UK’s first real-time pay-by-mile car insurance policies. Through developing a smart driving app, we’re bringing the same level of on-demand convenience to car ownership that people now expect from taxis and take-away food.
We believe people who drive less should pay less. So, we’ve done away with the old way and created pay-as-you-go car insurance. It’s as simple as that.
And having recently secured our Series B funding, our highly-engaged member base is growing quickly, so we’re looking to hire more members of our customer support team to help deliver an excellent level of service.
Our people’s backgrounds are varied from landscape gardening to fashion, but what we all hold in common is our passion for delivering a great product to our customers, and supporting one another as we do this.
A great culture is essential to us. Defined by our whole company from top to bottom, we’ve developed our values in Respect, Fairness, Development, Efficiency and Ambition to be our compass, and we take care in ensuring that they guide us in all we do.
This role is a full-time position and would suit someone keen to work a flexible 5 day week, with the availability to sometimes swap your working hours or working days. We’d be looking for someone that would ideally be able to work into the evening (sometimes up until 9/10pm), and was also available to work some weekends.
You’ll be proactive, upbeat and able to work both with a team and independently to solve problems and come up with new ways to keep our customer base happy. It would be ideal if you have proven experience in a customer service or support role and you get a kick out of helping improve processes to make our customer experience the best it can be.
Your day-to-day will involve answering and resolving customer queries through our in-app messenger, on the phone, on social media or via email. You may be required to do some simple data management and analysis, so a basic grasp of Excel would be handy. Technology is at the core of everything we do, and you may often have to speak with our development team to get to the bottom of issues, so it will help if you have an active interest in tech too.
Essential skills & experience:
- Relevant experience in a communications or customer service role
- Great verbal, written and general communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be organised, process-driven and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- The passion and drive to succeed in a startup environment
- A positive outlook, patience and a good sense of humour
- Knowledge and experience of using social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- A keen interest in technology and a desire to understand our product inside out
Nice to haves (but not a must!):
- Have had any exposure to VOIP systems or call centre switchboards
- Have experience of using live chat software (like Intercom), and CRM tools (like Zendesk)
- Have experience dealing with complaints and disputes
- Have experience of working in a regulated industry
It’s not all about us. It’s just as much about you. We’re an ambitious, energetic bunch and we have our sights set on doubling in size this year, and we’re ready to go.
We recognise the value our people bring with their inquisitive minds, bright ideas and fantastic attitudes, and we aim to give as much as we receive. It’s only fair.
Amongst other things, we also offer a range of benefits and development opportunities for all of our employees, including:
- 34 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible working opportunities
- Mental health days
- Enrolment into the By Miles pension plan
- Extended genderless maternity/paternity leave policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Monthly one to one sessions with an external coach
- Personal training budget (to support professional development and certification)
- Personal book budget (so you can add to our ever-growing library)
- Office quiet spaces to relax in
- Regular social events
- West London office (Hammersmith) with great transport links (District, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Piccadilly Lines).
So, if this sounds like the right fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Hit the button below to apply!
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability.
- Customer Service
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Communications Assistant - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning
- Inside Sales Representative - Modulr