- Customer Service
- NB Email Taylor.Fitzhugh@octopusinvestments.com with your application!
- Department: Octopus Real Estate – Operations
- Sub Team: Octopus Real Estate – Operations
- Website Map: Yes
Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs – our financial wellbeing and our planet’s future – are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that’s in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business – Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit www.octopusgroup.com
The customer team was formed earlier in the year following a restructure when three different teams; Servicing, Case Management and Operations merged. The main reason for this was to simplify our processes and help ORE build a reputation for delivering outstanding customer service. We are now looking for a new Customer Specialist to join the team. The successful candidate will enhance our customer journey by providing support pre and post loan completion.
We support both internal and external customers, working closely with Credit, Sales and NPL teams and perform a wide variety of functions to support the customer journey, this includes tasks across account management, case support and customer data management. For the successful candidate there would be an opportunity to specialise in one of these areas and take on a largely customer facing role if desired.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to start their career within Real Estate and we have had previous examples of people moving from this team into a wide variety of roles within ORE including sales, credit, commercial operations management and junior portfolio Management.
- Carry out KYC and AML checks to produce application packs and monitoring of KYC/AML ongoing screening alerts
- Support the Credit and Sales teams to progress deals from enquiry to completion
- Produce a number of pre-completion documents
- Undertake all data processing and inputting pre and post completion and as required to underpin the smooth running of the customer function
- Providing wider business support on projects including compiling data for both internal and external audits
- Work directly with the Finance and Treasury teams to ensure the swift movement and availability of funds
- Administrative and operational support across all products
- Provide a high level of customer service when answering telephone calls and responding to emails
- Carry out all post completion checks to ensure that all our securities are correctly registered and to carry out QC checks on our loans
- Deliver a best in class customer experience for live loan holders
- Find ways to enhance customer retention
- Pro-actively communicate with our borrowers and brokers during the life of a loan
- Monitor existing loans, including payment performance, arrears management and recommending strategies for any default cases
- Identify the need to and then instruct solicitors, receivers, administrators and other third parties
- Produce forecasts of redemption activity and liaise with the finance department accordingly
- Work with credit and other third parties to agree part releases of security and extensions to client’s loans
- Liaise with the Sales Team regarding new loans for existing clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- High levels of proactivity
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of exceeding customer expectations
- Be able to collaborate with peers
- A track record of efficient working practices
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication Skills
- Demonstrable experience of taking ownership of resolving issues
- A desire to continually improve our processes by suggesting improvements
- Used to working within a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritise asks from a high workflow
- Strong and flexible work ethic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for this outgoing team
Experience in Real Estate is not necessary, however previous experience in an operational or customer role would be an advantage. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to not only challenge the status quo but also to propose and implement changes to our processes.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
– We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
– We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
– We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
– We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
– We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
- Customer Service
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Customer Experience Professional
- Supply Chain Leadership Apprenticeship
- Human Resources - Higher Apprenticeship
- Quality Assurance Support Apprentice
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- User Experience - Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Finance Apprenticeship
- Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship
- Laboratory Scientist Apprenticeship – Early Stage Formulation Sciences
- Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
- Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Summer Internship, Internal Audit Services (IAS)
- Graduate Sales Executive - Live Chat
- Pricing Administrator B2B
- Customer Fulfillment Co-ordinator