Data Analyst – Streetbees
- Data and Technology
Streetbees is building the world’s first platform to understand human behaviour and decision making. We make human data accessible, anywhere in the world, by connecting brands with real people on the ground to gather real-time in-the-moment insights at scale. We distil this data using machine learning technology to uncover not just what they do, but also why they do it, and what drives them – and predicts what they may do next.
Having recently raised our Series B investment led by Lakestar, Streetbees’ partners with world leading brands across the FMCG, Media and Entertainment, Retail & Insurance sectors and our clients include Unilever, PepsiCo, Sony Pictures, Carlsberg, Santander, Ikea, Vodafone and L’Oreal.
We’re looking to add a Data Analyst to work alongside our Data Science and Market Research teams to help them deliver insights for our clients about how they can improve their products, or new products that they should consider launching.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about turning the raw material of unstructured data into a digestible form to deliver to multiple stakeholders – Data Science, Research and Strategy, and, of course, our top-notch roster of clients.
This is a hands-on role that needs strong rational and analytical skills to support data-driven decisions, and the right person will be very comfortable with SQL and Excel, capable with data querying and manipulation and visualisation, and will have at least basic Python skills (e.g. notebooks) for data exploration and manipulation.
- Data management and ownership: You’ll be processing varied data sources including recoding/transforming data, merging and cleaning, weighting etc. to enable us to deliver exceptional data clarity to our clients. You will need to ‘own’ the data and know it inside-and-out.
- Cross-function collaboration: As the primary ‘owner’ of the valuable data we collect, you’ll need to collaborate with multiple teams within Streetbees – Data Science, Research and Strategy, and Community
- Data visualisation and reporting: You’ll be working to structure datasets to facilitate loading into proprietary reporting and visualisation tools, as well as designing the dashboards we deliver to our clients
- Process improvements: Proactively identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies in these tasks and supporting the implementation of these improvements
- Strong data, reasoning and analytical skills are essential
- You will likely have studied a quantitative subject and have some experience working in a data-driven organisation on data management and processing, as well as analysis
- You will be organised and a keen eye for data quality
- You will have good communication skills, be comfortable balancing a number of projects at once, and be able to coordinate with multiple stakeholders in several teams
- You will be comfortable with data querying (relational databases and data lakes using SQL), data interchange (CSV, JSON etc), data analysis (such as Excel and BI tools, maybe even Access), data management and processing using at least simple Python scripts and notebooks (Pandas etc)
- The more experience you have with data visualisation the better (but it’s not a requirement of the role).
- Start-up attitude – You’ll be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, working with limited resources, and delivering high-quality work at the speed which is necessary for successful business growth. You’ll be a self-starter who doesn’t need much guidance, who can think fast on their feet and are ready to pivot when required
At Streetbees, your company benefits will include:
- A 24-day paid holiday allowance with the option to rollover up to 3 days per year.
- Flexible working hours – we trust people to manage their time and to focus on wider results; so if you need to work from home to finish a project or leave at 5pm on a Tuesday for Choir practice, ensure your manager knows in advance, but feel free to take it.
- A pension scheme – our new pension scheme means that Streetbees will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension. For further details on how this works get in touch with our head of HR for further information.
- The Streetbees Lifestyle Committee – any employee will have the opportunity to plan and manage a variety of Streetbees funded socials and activities for the team. Socials and day outs can involve anything from rock climbing or bowling to company meals or pub crawls.
- Wednesday Lunch – We all come together for lunch every Wednesday with a different cuisine each week, paid by the company. Vegetarian and vegan options always provided.
- Fully Stocked Kitchen – Breakfast is on us every morning and if you need a coffee or a snack at any point throughout the day, please be our guest.
- Friday Catch-ups – Beers, wine, soft drinks and snacks provided as we celebrate the week’s successes and welcome newcomers.
- Paid volunteering days – one day per quarter with a registered charity of your choice.
- Audible subscriptions – the company is more than happy to pay for audio-books subscriptions of your choice on Amazon as we encourage wider and continued learning among our team.
- Free beer in the office!
- Data and Technology
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Project Support Executive at Blenheim Chalcot
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Communications Assistant - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning