We’re looking for a smart, data-literate and driven graduate who is keen on developing their skills in a leading FinTech towards becoming a Data Scientist, Data Engineer or Analytics Engineer.
Koodoo is a new financial technology business that is shaking up the world of mortgages. The mortgage market is undergoing a major shift, with much more emphasis being placed on consumer choice, transparency and the role for new technology. Backed by the UK’s leading digital venture builder (Blenheim Chalcot), Koodoo is building the technology to help connect customers seamlessly and intelligently with their next mortgage. We are working with some of the biggest names in financial services – comparison sites, marketplace providers, lenders – to deliver a better mortgage application and renewal experience to millions of borrowers in the UK. Our current partners include CompareTheMarket.com, Confused.com, ClearScore, Nationwide, NatWest, Santander and more.
Koodoo has been running for 2+ years, in which period we have secured the largest partnerships in the market with a great product, but with a relatively small team. We are now in a growth stage and need star talent to join us to take the next big steps towards our vision.
The team is spread out throughout London and Nottingham but we’re happy to accommodate remote working arrangements as we, in fact, currently operate a fully working from home model for everyone in the company.
About our Data Internship
We are looking for a bright data intern to join our team for 3 months and learn the basics of data science and engineering. Depending on how the internship goes, we’d be delighted to offer an intern who has made an impact during their 3 months with us a full time position as a Junior Data Scientist, Junior Data Engineer or Junior Analytics Engineer.
The successful applicant will become fluent in Python and Go for both data analysis and engineering. They will become fluent in SQL and learn how to use it to produce business ready data and insights for both internal and external stakeholders. In addition they will learn the principles of data engineering and science that are needed to support a modern data focused business.
- Take responsibility for data engineering or analysis projects with support from our data team
- Take ownership of our data reporting pipeline for our aggregators and lenders
- Work closely with our data team on building automation into our reporting process
- Learn and develop key data engineering skills and disciplines, including:
- Being responsible for helping to monitor and modify our data pipelines, transforming, testing, deploying, and documenting data and applying software engineering best practices like version control and continuous integration to the analytics code base
- Learn and develop key data science skills and disciplines, including:
- Retrieving data from relational and no relational databases.
- Data pre-processing, handling and analysis using python.
- Data visualisation using open source libraries and tools.
- Creation and maintenance of external and internal dashboards using dash python library.
- Reporting automation.
- Involvement in web analytics implementation and dashboards and analysis based on them
- A degree in maths, statistics, computer science or similar degree. A non-graduate may be considered if they can demonstrate a strong understanding of certain areas of mathematics, i.e. statistics and set theory.
- A demonstrable grasp of at least one modern data oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, C# etc.) and some understanding of software engineering patterns.
- A basic understanding of using SQL to select, filter and update data.
- A desire to learn, and to be part of an awesome team!