Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship, Data and Technology
- Contract Status:
- 4 Years
In AstraZeneca IT, we push the boundaries of technology to achieve positive business outcomes
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Where you start with us doesn’t determine the course of your career. So many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of their roles and the countries they’ve worked in.
AstraZeneca’s apprenticeship scheme offers you an opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst collaborating alongside industry specialists and professionals.
In IT, we are passionate about driving technology innovation, continuously improving our IT environment to ensure our internal teams can do their best work and successfully deliver our business goals. We do this by encouraging creative thinking and new ideas and maintaining a strong customer focus, enabling us to fully understand all our business areas, how they operate and how we, in IT, create maximum value for them. We need great people who share our passion for technology led science, are driven, determined and hard-working. In return, we will support your formal and ‘on the job’ development, making the most of your skills and passion to help you in reaching your ultimate career aspirations.
Where you start your journey with us doesn’t determine the course of your career; many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of the roles they perform and the countries they work in. We won’t limit your capabilities by what’s possible for you now but by what’s possible for them in the future.
Our apprenticeship programme is designed to give you a broad understanding of our IT function alongside being involved in a variety of critical activities and projects we are delivering to the business. During this 4-year programme, you will have the opportunity to complete several 8-month rotations in different areas of our function, in line with your interests, skills, knowledge and experience – to help you decide which career pathway you would like to take.
Throughout your apprenticeship with us you will have the opportunity to carry out some of the following roles:
- Business Analyst
- User Experience Researcher
- Innovation Design Analyst
- Innovation Technologist
- Global Mobility Analyst
- Agile Analyst
- Project Manager
- Content Analyst
- Global Data Analyst
- And many more……
So, in one rotation, you could be a Business Analyst, gathering requirements from our scientists, who are working on a new cancer drug; you may then work with different parts of IT to see how we meet their requirements. On another rotation, as a Project Manager you could be working with our Operations team implementing a technology solution to improve the drug manufacturing process
Whichever role you perform, you will:
- Build knowledge of your IT area & the customer area(s) you are working with
- Have an important, contributing role in the team
- Have support from your line manager, your mentor and your buddy to help you deliver at your best
- Drive your own development, through formal learning and/or experience
- Have the opportunity to build core skills, such as presenting, influencing, stakeholder engagement & management etc.
- Maintain a strong peer network with your fellow apprentices & our other Early Talent employees
- Have the opportunity to get involved in activities that benefit society and our local areas, such as charity fundraising, helping school leavers decide on their next steps, building exposure of technology to students etc.
- Benefit from working in diverse, global company where we value and embrace the advantage true diversity can bring to a workplace…you may even get the opportunity to visit your colleagues in other countries
In return for your drive, determination, hard work and dedication, we will support you to complete your Bachelor of Science Degree in Digital & Technology Solutions https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/digital-and-technology-solutions-professional-integrated-degree/ at Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) or BPP (depending on your work location) through a 4-year programme.
A degree apprenticeship combines full-time paid work with us and part-time university learning; offering you the opportunity to gain a full qualification (just like you would if you went to uni full-time) whilst being involved in real-life delivery, practical learning and getting paid!
As well as this, you will be supported on a day to day basis with:
- Opportunities to apply your learning in the workplace
- Reasonable time out to attend university and study (during study leave)
- Focussed objectives and goals for the duration of each rotation role
- Further development to support broader learning
- Time with your line manager, mentor, buddy and Early Talent network
Skills and Capabilities
We would be looking for the following attributes from our successful applicants:
- A strong desire to learn
- A real passion for technology and science
- Quick and agile thinker
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisation skills
- Demonstrable initiative
- To have achieved or predicted to achieve a minimum of 104 points at A-level (Grades BCC) or an equivalent. In addition, 5 GCSE’s at 9-4 (or equivalent qualifications)
To apply for this position, please click the apply link.
Opening date of advert: 4th January 2021
Closing date of advert: 19th March 2021
This is a Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield or Cambridge offering £18,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
Successful candidates will be notified after the closing date and will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment day on Tuesday 4th May 2021.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments or accommodations, please let us know on your application.
These positions are not open to those already educated to Bachelors degree level or above – for which we have specific Graduate Programmes, see our website for more details https://careers.astrazeneca.com/students
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.Apply
- Apprenticeship, Data and Technology
- Contract Status:
- 4 Years
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Onboarding Operations Officer
- Onboarding Analyst
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Investor Operations Officer
- Recruiting Coordinator - Contract
- Business Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
- Technical Graduate Scheme - Spring start date
- Technical Graduate Scheme - Scotland
- Technical Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
- Customer Specialist - 6 Months FTC
- Customer Specialist
- Data Analyst - Streetbees
- Finance Assistant - Accounts Receivable - Cazoo
- Social Media Executive - Depop
- Customer Experience Professional
- Supply Chain Leadership Apprenticeship