Junior Systems Engineer
Agilisys, Blenheim Chalcot Venture
Agilisys delivers success through innovative solutions, working primarily within the public sector to help them transform their digital services and make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK’s most innovative IT services providers, ensuring solid ROI through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
How will you spend your days?
Reporting into the remote team manager, this technical role will play an integral part in ensuring the stability and efficient operation of our client’s IT environment and requirements. You will have the opportunity to undertake complex technical work on infrastructure and systems on a BAU basis, as well as being involved with the implementation of new projects and technologies.
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for dealing with day to day 1st, 2nd and 3rd line queries. You will be assisting the departmental manager on new projects involving implementation / software / hardware across the Agilisys group of companies.
This role undertakes significant and complex technical work on ICT infrastructure and systems in support of operational requirements as well as in the implementation of new projects and technologies including: design, develop, test and deploy new technologies, ensuring projects are delivered on time
- Support Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 Server Operating Systems with all their roles
- Manage and troubleshoot Exchange Online,
- Monitor existing systems via Solarwinds.
- Install and configure operating systems
- Able to provide support for project work outside of normal core hours
- Ensuring that routine maintenance and processes are reviewed, maintained and complete
- Prioritise and respond to Service Desk Incidents, Service Requests and Changes
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping and processes
- Contribute to IT service improvement
How to stand out?
- Be aware of Service Level targets and monitor performance against them.
- Keen to learn and develop within the role
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of issues
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative, research and troubleshoot, suggest solutions and escalate when appropriate
- Demonstrate a positive, flexible approach to work
- Maintain the accuracy of the Knowledgebase by updating existing articles and contributing new documentation where appropriate.
- Good knowledge of Active directory
- working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Online.
- knowledge of Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 server operating systems
- Experience of administering Microsoft Azure environment.
- Good knowledge of Office 365
- Good knowledge of monitoring solutions
- Good knowledge of VMware
- knowledge of SCCM
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Good knowledge of network protocols
- Identify and document potential service improvements with Service Desk, in accordance with ITIL best practice
What’s in it for you?
Based out of Bolton, Agilisys offers a cohesive work culture involving a multitude of backgrounds that promotes diverse ideas to contribute to strong solutions.
You will be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, helping transform services that improve the way people and businesses interact. We will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Agilisys offers flexible working and is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. On top of that we offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Apply
Agilisys, Blenheim Chalcot Venture
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Customer Experience Professional
- Supply Chain Leadership Apprenticeship
- Human Resources - Higher Apprenticeship
- Quality Assurance Support Apprentice
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- User Experience - Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Finance Apprenticeship
- Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship
- Laboratory Scientist Apprenticeship – Early Stage Formulation Sciences
- Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
- Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Summer Internship, Internal Audit Services (IAS)
- Graduate Sales Executive - Live Chat
- Pricing Administrator B2B
- Customer Fulfillment Co-ordinator