Onboarding Operations Officer
*Email Hannah@octopuslabs.com with your CV and application
Onboarding Operations Officer
- 2HT, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT, UK
- Department: Operations
- Sub Team: Back Office Client Operations
- Website Map: Yes
Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs – our financial wellbeing and our planet’s future – are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that’s in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business – Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.
About the role
The Operations Onboarding team is positioned within Octopus Investments’ Operations team, overseeing the successful take-on of new clients and new investments. The team work closely with various Operations team’s and the Sales and Customer team to ensure the client experience is as smooth as possible. A range of regulatory requirements must be adhered to, as well as identifying opportunities to streamline the onboarding process and enhance current technology, in order to effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Application processing
- Setting up clients
- Completing necessary investigation to ensure applications are compliant with our internal and external regulations
- Handling and banking cheques
- Compliance with FCA requirements and rules (Client Money, Systems and Controls, COBS)
- Investigating and resolving reconciliation breaks
- Communication with internal stakeholders – Sales, Marketing, IT, Compliance etc
- Communication with external third parties
- Gives valuable feedback and is open to receiving feedback on a regular basis
- Daily management of own workload to ensure that both new and ongoing work items are completed in a timely manner
- Managing a busy email inbox
- Quality checking work of colleagues
- Help with streamlining procedures and processes
- Adhoc system testing
- Previous financial services experience
- Strong eye for detail and ability to work precisely and exactly is imperative
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task whilst working under pressure
- Excellent communication skills – ability to manage senior stakeholders within the business
- Proven problem solving ability
- Hands on team player that’s also comfortable working individually
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines and delivering on specific time constrained mandates
- Strong work-ethic, comfortable working outside of regular working hours during busy times
- Customer focused
- Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
- Strong problem solving and organisational abilities
- Adaptable and flexible
- Competent with both written and oral communication with people at all levels
- Personable with the ability to handle difficult people and deal with people of all levels
- Mature and confident
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Marketing Communications Officer
- Commercial Analyst Intern (3 month FTC)
- Service Support Advisor
- Business Analyst
- Actuarial Operations Analyst
- Pension Consultant
- Customer & Client Advisor - FTC until 31st Dec 2021
- MuleSoft Summer 2021 Intern - Technical Consultant
- Summer 2021 Intern - Sales Development Public Sector
- Summer Intern 2021 - UKI SME Marketing
- Summer Intern 2021 - Brand Experiences and Audience Engagement
- Futureforce Analyst Trainee, Salesforce Global Private Equity Practice
- Account Manager
- Collections / Customer Service Associate
- Client Operations Analyst
- Client Operations Coordinator