Pharmaceutical Technology and Development Programme
- Pharmaceutical and sciences
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. We’re proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. We believe in the potential of our people and people who join us develop beyond what they thought possible.
AstraZeneca’s Early Careers Website provides an excellent overview of our exciting career opportunities for Undergraduates, Graduates/ Masters and Postdoctoral level students.
As a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business, we employ over 65,000 people worldwide. Our goal is to make a real impact on some of the greatest medical challenges facing humanity.
That simply wouldn’t be possible without our incredible PT&D team. They are responsible for designing and developing the innovative products and manufacturing processes that change patients’ lives every day from concept right through to delivery. This is your chance to be a part of that change.
About the programme
If you share our passion for science and technology, and want to make a genuine difference to the lives of patients, today and in the future, then the PT&D graduate programme was made for you. The programme is all about looking forward, using ground breaking science and technology to meet the needs of patients.
We can’t develop the kind of incredible medicines we do, without developing people first. And to do that, we have an incredible culture of support and collaboration, as well as the tools, rewards and opportunities you need to take your scientific career further. As a graduate, you’ll be working on a variety of projects, with some of the world’s most experienced scientists. So every day will be an opportunity to learn and grow, and enjoy making your talent count.
It is the people that make AstraZeneca and we take great pride in ensuring our people reach their full potential. Pharmaceutical Technology & Development (PT&D) is an exciting place to be right now, providing a wealth of scientifically challenging opportunities providing personal growth and professional development.
What does the programme involve?
The two-year programme starts in September 2021 and includes three distinct placements through different areas of PT&D. These will provide you with broad exposure to multiple areas of basic and applied scientific research, and experience of the medicines design, development and commercialisation process as well as utilising cutting edge data technologies and advancing our digital health portfolio. You can choose from a wide range of placements and we’ll do all we can to meet your preferences.
You’ll also complete our Global Graduate Development programme. Over the two years, you’ll be part of a graduate cohort that comes together in one of our global locations to develop the leadership and self-management skills required for success. You can expect a competitive salary and benefits, potential for future employment and mentor support from the outset.
What we’re looking for:
- High-achieving, technically expert graduates in Chemistry, Chemical/Mechanical or Device Engineering, Pharmacy or Physics related subjects who have completed their first degree or Masters in 2019/20, or are due to graduate by September 2021 with a 2:1 or higher or equivalent grading.
- Innovative thinkers whose enthusiasm matches their scientific expertise.
- Confidence and desire to tackle new challenges and work situations with ease.
- Energy and motivation to be part of a team that believes collaboration is key to meeting the unmet needs of patients.
- Collaborative, with a partnership approach to achieving success.
- Pharmaceutical and sciences
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Project Support Executive at Blenheim Chalcot
- Marketing Intern - Contentive
- Data Science/Engineering Intern - Koodoo
- Recruitment Consultant - Trinnovo
- Digital Content Manager - Instrumental
- Sales Development Representative - Instrumental
- NHS Digital Careers Site
- NHS Careers Site
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Communications Assistant - Summer Internship 2021
- Agency Payments Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- PMO Support Officer - Agilisys
- Customer Service Representative - Hive Learning
- Digital Project Manager - Contentive
- Journalist - Contentive
- Sales Development Representative - Hive Learning