Summer Internship, Internal Audit Services (IAS)
At AstraZeneca we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and helping you develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Cambridge (UK) is our global headquarters, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca. Our Cambridge sites provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. This is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, and it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day
Work Placement Description
These roles sit within our Internal Audit Services (IAS) team, providing independent assurance that AstraZeneca is achieving its objectives effectively and in the right way. Our remit is to provide assurance over compliance, operational and strategic risks to ensure they are being managed effectively.
Our summer 2021 internship in IAS offers two university students (second year or higher) or recent graduates an opportunity to join our team for six weeks starting 5th July 2021. You will be exposed to global finance through assisting with fieldwork in a financial internal audit, collaborating with teams in other sites across the world. Throughout the six weeks you will learn about some of the ways in which a FTSE-10 company manages its risks and will be supported with coaching from diverse and experienced mentors. Your mentors will also assist you with preparing a presentation to our team management about a topic relevant to your experience.
These roles will be on-site in our central Cambridge office. Some degree of remote working may be required due to the changing situation around COVID-19.
Essential skills/capabilities required:
We are looking for people who:
- Have a keen interest in business and want to develop an understanding of finance and the critical role it plays in supporting business performance and outcomes
- Are technologically savvy and are curious about the insights data can uncover
- Possess both excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Use their own judgment and ask for help when necessary
- Are adaptable, flexible, proactive and demonstrate a passion for learning
- Work maturely and independently but can also contribute effectively as part of a team
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9 to 4 including Maths and English
- Have achieved a minimum of 3 A Levels at grade C or above (minimum 96 UCAS points)
- Be currently studying at university, having completed two years (minimum) of study, or recently graduated, having achieved or predicted to achieve 2.1
Successful candidates will be asked to attend a virtual assessment between 18 March 2021 to 22 March 2021
Should you require any reasonable adjustments or accommodations, please let us know on your application.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Recent Fast Futures Jobs
- Onboarding Operations Officer
- Onboarding Analyst
- Investment Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
- Investor Operations Officer
- Recruiting Coordinator - Contract
- Business Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
- Technical Graduate Scheme - Spring start date
- Technical Graduate Scheme - Scotland
- Technical Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
- Customer Specialist - 6 Months FTC
- Customer Specialist
- Data Analyst - Streetbees
- Finance Assistant - Accounts Receivable - Cazoo
- Social Media Executive - Depop
- Customer Experience Professional
- Supply Chain Leadership Apprenticeship