HR Apprentice: Early Careers
- HR Support
ISG is a dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive. Our 2,800 worldwide specialists in fit-out, technology, construction and development deliver not just buildings, but also an exceptional delivery dynamic and strong customer relationships built on mutual trust, collaboration, and open communication. We blend our unparalleled track record, sound processes and proven delivery methods with a fast-paced and agile culture, ensuring we deliver thriving places that are as agile and resilient as their occupants.
At ISG our Early Careers Talent are crucial in ensuring we have a pipeline of bright, capable and driven people to deliver thriving places, this role is central to ensure we meet these aims. You will provide timely, accurate and effective administrative support to the Early Careers team and their key stakeholders. You will support the team in the attraction, recruitment and continuous development of Graduates, Industry Placement Students and Apprentices, providing administrative support at key project milestones including: supporting at university and school engagement events, the screening of candidates, the organisation of assessment centres, and the onboarding of all programme participants
We have an exciting new opportunity for an HR Apprentice to join our business supporting our Early Careers Talent team. The successful candidate will be working as well as studying towards a Level 3 apprenticeship in Human Resources. As the first point of contact for Early Careers you will be a professional individual who is keen to provide a high quality and proactive generalist support to, a small team.
As a highly motivated and driven individual you will bring enthusiasm and awareness to the role. You will be focused on achieving your Level 3 apprenticeship and will be calm, thorough and with excellent communication skills and a customer focused attitude. This candidate will need to be able to maintain confidentiality in often difficult situations.
This role plays an integral part in the day to day operation of the Early Careers team. You will be the first point of contact for all Early Careers enquiries, responsible for our Early Careers mailbox and coordinating the general day to day operations of the team including: organising attendance at careers fairs and events, organising assessment centres and our annual induction event.
- Assist in the organisation of events at schools and universities including careers fairs, presentations and site visits
- Assist in the initial screening process of candidates for all Early Careers vacancies
- Assist in the organisation of interviews and assessment centres for all candidates
- Support the Early Careers and HRSS teams in raising and processing employment offers/ acceptances for new staff
- Assist in the organisation of pre-induction and induction events
- Maintain key documents, ensuring they are up to date
- Ensure the Early Careers mailbox is maintained, and all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Early Careers Team
- Completion of level 3 Apprenticeship in Human Resources
The above is not an exhausted list, other duties will be required as directed any projects and objectives set. All duties will be linked to your ongoing development within the role.
All our employees must be committed to acting in line with our core values. These are the guiding principles that determine our actions and behaviours at ISG:
- Dream Smart – We encourage new thinking and bold ideas backed by knowledge, sound decision and first-rate implementation.
- Speak Frankly – We value clarity and honesty and we are open and straight forward in all our dealings. We never shy away from tough conversations.
- Always Care – We take pride in the quality of our work and demonstrate respect and care for the wellbeing and health & safety of our customers, our people, and our world.
- Never Stop Learning – We encourage and reward great ideas. We constantly strive to improve by seeking new knowledge and skills.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, childcare vouchers
- Have achieved BBC from three A-Levels (or equivalent UCAS points)
- Have Six GCSEs grade D or above including Mathematics and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above
- Willing to learn, ability to absorb knowledge and use their initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy in delivery a high-quality service
- IT Systems oriented who can easily grasp understanding of the systems
- Able to work to deadlines with focus on results and quality of service
- Focused on promoting best practice in line with Company Policy and Procedures.
- Pleasant and confident telephone and video call manner
- Methodical and proactive approach to duties
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to remain resilient, calm and measured particularly during busy periods and when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Ability to be self-starting and independent as well as self-motivated
- Process driven who understands the sequence of actions necessary in execution
- Approachable, positive, flexible, adaptable and friendly team member
Address: Aldgate House, 33 Aldgate High Street, London, EC3N 1AGApply
- HR Support