- HR Support
We are IPG Mediabrands, a new world agency group designed with dynamic marketing at its core. We are 13,500 marketing communication, media and technology specialists in over 130 countries. We are a diverse group of innovators, technologists, strategists, buyers, thinkers and planners that are committed to building new solutions for the world’s top brands.
The IPG Mediabrands UK & Ireland umbrella includes local agencies UM UK, Initiative UK, the Reprise Digital network, plus its roster of speciality services including Orion, Rapport and MAGNA as well as housing our EMEA regional headquarters. We have recently launched a marketing intelligence engine Kinesso, which houses our programmatic buying agency Matterkind.
In the UK, we manage and invest over £450m in billings for some of the country’s largest companies and employ c700 people in our offices in Clerkenwell and Shoreditch, the creative heart of London. We have an additional c350 people in offices in Leeds, Peterborough, Dublin, and Bristol.
We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we believe in. IPG Mediabrands are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief.
Main tasks and responsibilities
We are looking for an HR Apprentice with superb administrative skills and a passion for HR to join our HR Operations team. The HR Operations team is made up of two HR Apprentices and Senior HR Operations Manager. The HR Operations team are responsible for all HR operations and are critical to the evolution of our HR model, as we look to streamline and automate the way we work. The focus of the team is to create a great people experience for employees as well as support the generalist team.
You will understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion, have a service minded approach and be happy working in a matrix structure as you will be providing administrative support for a number of different agencies with three HR Business Partners.
We work in an industry where things are continually changing and evolving so you will need to be flexible and adaptable. Working in a team where Business Partners, Learning and Development, Reward and Talent Acquisition all sit and work closely together, this is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain a broad understanding of how HR operates.
Including this role, the London HR team currently comprises of 16 people: the HR Director UK & Ireland, Senior HR Operations Manager and HR Apprentice, 7 HR generalists, a Reward Manager and Assistant, L&D Manager and 3 Talent Acquisition Specialists. The London HR Team work alongside the EMEA HR team (4 people), a HR Manager in our Dublin office and the Leeds HR Team (Stickyeyes and Zazzle).
Starter & Leaver Administration:
- Facilitate creation of offers letters of employment and contract paperwork for HR Business Partners
- Check employees’ right to work before first day and save relevant documentation
- Administer employee references via HireRight, check and report irregularities, download and save report to relevant file
- Draft and send probation confirmation emails/letters
- Support Advisors and Business Partners with exit interview and process
- Draft relevant letters confirming leaver details
- Liaise with IT and Facilities to ensure starters and leavers equipment is issued and returned
- Manage personnel files, taking note of retention periods
- Collate new starter onboarding forms verifying accurate completion
- Maintain the HR Starters and Leavers spreadsheet, ensuring it is always up to date (starters, leavers, fixed term contractors, maternity/paternity, etc). Send weekly Starters and Leavers to relevant groups
- Coordinate new starter inductions with Finance and Legal
HR Systems Administration & Reporting:
- Main contact for HRLink (self-service HRIS) queries
- Support administration of performance management system, runs reports when needed
- Compile Quarterly HR Analytics Dashboard for the team to provide recommendations on HR initiatives using these insights
- Reporting from HRIS (HRLink) to collate and provide employee data for census and diversity surveys
- Assist with the preparation of data for IPG and external HR Audits
- Work with Senior HR Operations Manager to manage annual leave carry over process and correct details are added in HRLink
- Keep accurate records on employees’ right to work for immigration purposes, including keeping the HR Immigration spreadsheet up to date
- Assist HR Advisors with checking and monitoring visas during the annual immigration audit
- Support the L&D Manager with ad-hoc UK training administration, which may include booking of courses, rooms and catering, and raising PO’s
- Work with the L&D Manager to ensure our learning management system is updated with all training courses booked and attended
- Provide administrative support to the HR Advisors and L&D Manager for the IPA CPD annual accreditation
Payroll & Benefits:
- Working knowledge of payroll process and responsibility for updating payroll in the absence of the Payroll and Reward Assistant
- Working knowledge of our company benefits
- Manage the AskHR mailbox, responding to general HR queries within the designated timeframe, including reference requests (employment references, letting agent and bank references), letters for visa applications and business invitation letters for foreign travel
- Update Employee Handbooks, including part time employee bank holiday entitlements and Christmas shutdown adjustments
- Draft pay review and bonus letters for HR Business Partners
- Ad-hoc team assistance for away days, team events etc
- Office/admin experience, ideally within HR
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Some knowledge of Office 365 applications
- Delivering against SLAs or KPIs
- Working with databases and systems
Desired Personal qualities
You will be personable, well organised and looking to start your career within HR. You will have an excellent eye for detail and methodical approach to problem solving. You will understand how the work you produce adds value to the HR Department and the whole Company.
- Passionate about a career in HR and can articulate the role of HR and how it adds value to the business
- Strong aptitude for IT systems
- Confident interacting with people at all levels of seniority
- Exceptional eye for detail, rigour and process
- Good numeracy skills
- High regard for confidentiality
- Flexible, can adapt to manage new priorities as they arise and willing to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- Pro-active, a self-starter who works well on their own initiative
- Solutions orientated with natural problem-solving skills
- Highly organised, efficient, and able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Honest and open
- Good relationship-building skills
- HR Support
- Paid Media Assistant - Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Digital Display Activation Assistant
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Campaign Management Assistant
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Biddable Team
- UK Data & Analytics Apprentice
- Apprentice Data Analyst
- HR Apprentice
- Data Analyst Apprentice
- HR Administrator Apprentice
- Apprentice Communications Assistant
- Digital Assistant Apprentice – Organic Social