HR Assistant Apprentice
- HR Support
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing’, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are recruiting for a HR Assistant to provide a comprehensive, professional and effective HR service across Merkle UK. You will act in a key operations support role for the Merkle UK HR function, based in our London Office in St Katharine Docks. This role will report into the HR Operations CXM, Team Lead and will support all Merkle UK employees.
This role is being offered as an Apprenticeship as we feel that an apprentice will bring fresh perspective and drive into our team. You will be working with an exceptionally friendly HR team with a breadth and depth of experience who really value development. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach. If our business continues to grow at the rate we have been over the past 12 months, we see that the person in this role will have great opportunities for personal growth.
Your HR Apprenticeship with Merkle will introduce many of the key activities undertaken by Human Resources and the skills required to be an effective HR practitioner. Whilst studying you will become a student member of the CIPD giving you access to essential resources for your study and career success. You’ll work towards a recognised industry qualification, giving you Associate professional membership of the CIPD and finish the programme with everything you need to take your next step as a Human Resources professional.
Life as a HR Assistant at Merkle
You will be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries, managing the HR operational processes associated with all areas of HR including but not limited to:
- Inputting new starters, leavers and employee changes into our HR Information System (Workday)
- Capture contract variations and changes to employee data and produce the required paperwork
- Manage the leavers process
- Maintain electronic personnel filing system and ensure employee files are up to date
- Manage the Contractor process, including tracking end dates and issuing their contracts
- Owning the onboarding of new joiners, including their induction meetings
Desired Skills Required
- Strong administration skills are absolutely essential, you must have the ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to converse and liaise at all levels
- Proactive and can-do attitude. Be able to work on own initiative and demonstrate tenacity
- Able to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise across duties and projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines
- IT expertise including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with new technologies as we’ll be training you to use Workday
- Ability to work collaboratively
- You will be highly driven and determined to build a career not just get a job.
- Three A-Levels grade A* – C (or 240 UCAS points or new tariff equivalent)
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers (college/sixth form/secondary school) and non-graduates for the role.
- Most importantly, you must enjoy working with people!
Desired Personal Qualities Required
- Ambition, determination, and a curious approach to work, with a willingness to get involved in a range of tasks.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere – and business-casual dress code
- 25 days annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- 5% Employer contribution towards your pension
- Birthday day off
- Wellbeing Days throughout the year – these days are leave days where we encourage the whole team (where possible) to take the whole day off to recoup, rest and relax. There are three Wellbeing days scheduled for 2022
- HR Apprenticeship along with paid annual membership to the CIPD
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
To be honest, the best way to learn about what it’s like to be part of Merkle is to check out our social media pages at @MerkleUK!
- HR Support
- HR Assistant Apprentice
- Data Analysis Apprentice
- Digital Sales and Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Trust HR Administrator Apprentice
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Apprentice
- Digital Marketing Apprentice
- E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Data Analyst - Insight Apprentice
- Performance Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing & SEO Apprentice
- HR Administrative Apprentice
- UK Data & Analytics Apprentice