HR People Apprentice
- HR Support
Hello…We’re looking for a People Apprentice!
Who are we?
We’re MullenLowe Group UK, a creatively driven integrated marketing communications network with a strong entrepreneurial heritage and challenger mentality. We use creativity to get our clients’ brands an unfair share of attention.
We strongly believe better ideas come from talented people working together – we call this hyperbundling – and from it we produce cut through, effective and channel neutral solutions for our clients. Our specialisms include expertise in brand strategy and through the line advertising with MullenLowe; brand led customer experience with MullenLowe Profero; media and communications planning and buying with MullenLowe Mediahub; and consumer/corporate PR and brand purpose with MullenLowe PR and MullenLowe salt.
We’re an open and friendly bunch (well that’s what people tell us) and we welcome others readily into the team whether you’re with us for a short stint (freelance) or looking to go the distance and join us permanently. We work with some of the world’s greatest brands, including Diageo (Johnnie Walker, Gordon’s Gin, Captain Morgan), Unilever (Magnum, TRESemme, Knorr), Wagamama, Moleskine, Bayer, Sloggi, Dunelm, Western Union, Pinterest, Twitch, Harley-Davidson, Royal Mail, British Heart Foundation and the NHS.
What will you do?
This is a great opportunity for an approachable and proactive person looking to start their career in people/ HR in a vibrant, fast-paced and creative agency while gaining your level 3 support apprenticeship (equivalent to a CIPD level 3 certificate) at the same time.
We like to think that the people team is the heart of our sociable agency. We are looking for an organised and friendly person to join our people team. You will have great attention to detail, genuinely enjoy meeting lots of different people and be interested in making work better for people. This role will focus on providing administrative support across our people function working on everything from payroll to recruitment.
Full training and support will be given to the successful candidate and the role would be split 80% work, 20% studying.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of all new joiner documentation including contracts.
- Ensuring that all documents are returned either before their first day and that their employee files are set up, references requested, and all other paperwork is up to date.
- Ensuring all Right to Work checks are complete
- Working with people partners to track probations
- Preparation of leaver letters
- Issuing other change letters for example promotions and salary letters
- Ensuring all online and offline HR files have the correct information in them and are kept up to date with copies of payroll and other relevant documentation
- Raise PO’s and process invoices
- Collating all payroll changes and provide copies of relevant (and signed off) paperwork to the Payroll Team before payroll cut off (e.g. Starters, leavers, salary changes, maternity, working pattern changes etc.)
- Running monthly reports, and with the help of the wider People team, ensuring all information held on the database is up to date and correct (e.g. titles changes, reporting line changes)
- Manage the holiday booking system including adding new joiners, answering any holiday queries (alongside the rest of the People team) and buying extra holiday process
- Assisting with company-wide social events i.e. Christmas party, wellbeing initiatives
- Manage the eye care voucher system
Recruitment & Training
- Supporting the Head of Talent with recruitment administration including scheduling interviews, and maintaining the candidate database
- Working with the Head of Talent & Marketing Manager to create employee experience related content for the MLG UK social channels
- Supporting the L&D partner with any training administration
- A keen interest in starting a career in a people/ HR function
- A commitment to learn about the agency and how the people team can best support the agency
- Numerically minded, have strong analytical skills and a sharp eye for detail
- Enjoys working in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced creative environment, and to tight deadlines (this is a must!)
- Proactive and a natural self-starter
- Able to use initiative to problem solve
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to excel in a continuously evolving industry
- Good team player; approachable; proactive and able to work without direct supervision
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Tactful and discreet
- HR Support