HR Support Apprentice – GESR Recruitment Support Officer
- HR Support
The Treasury is the United Kingdom’s economics and finance ministry. It is responsible for formulating and implementing the government’s financial and economic policy. Its aim is to raise the rate of sustainable growth, and achieve rising prosperity and a better quality of life with economic and employment opportunities for all.
The Economics group is responsible for providing economic surveillance, delivering the evidence base to underpin macroeconomic and microeconomic policy and promoting professionalism for economics and social research in government.
GESR is a friendly team providing support to the Government Economic Service (GES) and Government Social Research (GSR) professions, which have over 3,000 and 1,800 members respectively. We currently have 19 people organised into two teams. The first develops and implements strategy on behalf of the GES and GSR boards and delivers priority projects, including around the pivotal diversity and inclusion agenda. The second runs an extensive range of operational activities on behalf of the professions, including recruitment, outreach, events and L&D. Delivery relies on close working between the two, which provides an excellent opportunity to get exposure to both operational and strategic challenges.
The team reaches right across Government and works with external organisations on shared agendas including expanding diversity in recruitment and improving policy making. At the same time, this is combined with all the advantages of working inside HM Treasury.
Who we are looking for:
Have you got a keen eye for detail?
Do you think your organisation skills are something worth being noticed?
If you are a proactive team player who uses your own initiative, plans and prioritises your workload and enjoys challenges – we would like to hear from you.
This role as the GESR Recruitment Support Officer is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team, delivering effective recruitment and selection for the analytical professions in government; the Government Economics and Social Research Team. We encourage applicants who are keen to develop and can demonstrate the key professional and personal attributes detailed in this job description. The ability to prioritise, be accountable for their work, to problem-solve and to deliver excellent customer service on a range of HR queries and requirements, is essential.
This role will help you to develop your HR skills, you will also get to work with a wide range of people at all levels from across the team, Government Chief Economists, Head of Professions, external stakeholders and organisations. You will also be supported to study a Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship.
- Lead on the day to day running of our recruitment schemes and facilitate end to end recruitment processes, including collating bids, notifying prospective applicants, setting up and facilitating assessment centres, inviting applicants for interview, drafting and providing feedback to applicants and processing results from assessment centres.
- Support with recruitment campaign reporting, information management, briefing and analysis of diversity information as appropriate to support delivery of the GESR recruitment strategy;
- Build strong relationships, collaborate with others and support with the continuous improvement of resourcing processes in line with employment legislation, Civil Service Recruitment Principles and recruitment compliance reports;
- Act as first point of contact from members of the public and GESR associates by responding to HR queries via the GESR shared mailboxes, or any other media, providing advice or solutions to recruitment concerns;
- Manage HR Information regarding assessors, GESR members and other recruitment parties, by keeping internal and external records updated, preparing and interpreting basic HR reports;
- Be proficient in planning and prioritisation techniques, to be able to support management effectively, to maintain, develop and implement HR systems to enable effective delivery of recruitment work across the team.
We recruit using Success Profiles, please familiarise yourself with these before applying.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours (at Level 1) during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
At the interview stage, we will assess you on the above Behaviours and your Strengths.
The interview panel will ask you questions about what you enjoy doing and what you do well and often. When looking at your strengths, we want to find out whether you and the organisation and job are a good fit. By ensuring that the role is the right fit for you, you are more likely to enjoy it and perform well.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship’s end Point Assessment, you will receive a pay increase to £23,500 per annum. You can continue in this role or apply to other Treasury and Civil Service roles as there may be opportunities of progression, following your successful completion of this apprenticeship.
- HR Support
- Digital Marketing & CRM Apprentice
- HR Operations Assistant
- Digital Marketing & SEO Apprentice
- HR Administrative Apprentice
- Digital Marketing (Activation) Apprentice X 2
- Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing - SEO Apprentice
- Technical SEO Apprentice - Digital Marketer
- Technical SEO Apprentice - Data Analyst
- Recruitment Apprentice - HR
- Paid Media Assistant - Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Digital Display Activation Assistant
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Campaign Management Assistant
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Biddable Team
- UK Data & Analytics Apprentice
- Apprentice Data Analyst