HR Support Apprentice – Talent and L&D Advisor
- HR Support
The Treasury is the United Kingdom’s economics and finance ministry. It is responsible for formulating and implementing the government’s financial and economic policy. Its aim is to raise the rate of sustainable growth, and achieve rising prosperity and a better quality of life with economic and employment opportunities for all.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
We are looking for someone with a passion for professional development to join our Operations team in a role which involves coordinating early career development programmes and development sessions whilst contributing to strategic change projects.
This role is part of the Government Economic and Social Research (GESR) team, and sits under the operations function. The team is responsible for supporting the Government Economic Service (GES) and Government Social Research (GSR), and is a high-profile team across both professions. We want a proactive and self-motivated individual to join the team to help us deliver best in class talent and L&D across the two professions.
- Support the effective delivery of the Fast Stream L&D programme and the GES flagship Degree Apprenticeship Programme (GESDAP), including co-ordinating and supporting the rotation of participants between departments
- Co-ordinate and organise learning events, acting as the main point of contact and ensuring operational requirements are met. This includes leading the organisation and delivery of in-house courses provided by GES members
- Lead the communication and marketing of events to members and relevant managers via the member website, and handle communications with all participants
- Plan, collect and analyse feedback on programmes and act on findings to improve future service provision
- Work with delivery partners to review the content and processes of the GESDAP programme and lead changes where appropriate. You will also engage with departmental Grade Managers to support them in programme delivery
- Be responsible for the purchasing of Fast Stream and in-house courses. This includes setting up purchase orders, auditing their usage, liaising and booking courses where necessary, liaising with the procurement team for advice. You will work closely with Finance Manager in the team
- Role model positive and inclusive behaviours. We have a shared ambition that everyone in GESR has a meaningful job and feels valued and included as part of a successful team.
- Work closely with colleagues across recruitment, finance and strategy to implement improvements to team processes
- Balance a variety of priorities with the flexibility to respond to changes, and able to manage your own workload.
- You will need to be able to work effectively to implement improvements to the processes, work closely with other colleagues across recruitment, finance and strategy.
- You will be able to balance a variety of priorities with the flexibility to respond to changes, and able to manage your own workload.
Desired Skills Required
Prior HR experience is not essential; however, it would be advantageous.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours (at Level 2) during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
We recruit using Success Profiles, please familiarise yourself with these before applying.
Desired Personal Qualities Required
- Team Player
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship’s end Point Assessment, you will receive a pay increase to £26,750 per annum. You can continue in this role or apply to other Treasury and Civil Service roles as there may be opportunities of progression, following your successful completion of this apprenticeship.
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and the Queen’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant)
- Flexible working patterns (part-time, job-share, condensed hours)
- Access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions. Find out more about Civil Service pensions
- Onsite restaurant and coffee bar. The London office also offers a gym, showers and prayer room
- Access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme, season ticket advances and payroll giving
- Access to a retail discounts and cashback site
- A Rental Deposit Advance Scheme to help meet the total costs of deposits for privately rented homes
- A range of active staff networks, based around interests (e.g. analysts, music society, sports and social club) and diversity (e.g. apprentices, women in the Treasury, ethnic minority network, LGBT* network, faith and belief network)
- HR Support
- HR Co-ordinator
- Digital Marketing & SEO Apprentice
- HR Apprentice
- HR Administrative Apprentice
- Digital Marketing (Activation) Apprentice X 2
- Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing - SEO Apprentice
- Technical SEO Apprentice - Digital Marketer
- Technical SEO Apprentice - Data Analyst
- Recruitment Apprentice - HR
- Paid Media Assistant - Digital Marketing Apprentice
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Digital Display Activation Assistant
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Campaign Management Assistant
- Digital Marketing Apprentice - Biddable Team
- UK Data & Analytics Apprentice
- Apprentice Data Analyst