IT Technical Apprentice
- IT Infrastructure Technician
Fourteen IP are a specialist voice and data communication solution provider to the hospitality industry. We supply, install and support premier voice systems including Mitel and NEC, specialist data connectivity solutions including SIP trunking, LAN, WiFi, EFM. Mobile and DECT systems, integrated wireless VOIP and mobile phones. Via our partners we can also provide integrated messaging solutions including Business Management System and Guest Response. TV solutions are provided via our Norwegian partner.
Fourteen IP Communications Ltd are based in Leigh, Greater Manchester but offer services and solutions throughout the UK and EMEA.
Fourteen IP Communications are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
The Company is accredited to BSI Quality Management Standard IS09001 and hold the Investors in People standard.
The Technical Apprentice gains on the job experience on site and within the Technical Services team while studying the academic and practical modules that will contribute towards successful completion of their apprenticeship.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
The Technical Apprentice will fulfil the purpose of the role by;
- Ensuring that they are prepared with the correct uniform, PPE and equipment to undertake whatever practical experience tasks they are assigned
- Undertaking on site practical experience tasks in line with work orders and supervisory instructions
- Responding and rectifying to both remote and onsite faults, moves additions and changes on which they have received training or instruction
- Configuring, installing and testing equipment and services that on which they are trained of on which they have received instruction
- Provide remote and on site support and assistance to customers, colleagues, suppliers and other relevant third parties
- Complying with company systems, procedures and policies in the execution of their work
- Following company systems of work
- Accurately documenting information including work orders, cases, reports etc.
- Stock receipt and control in line with company procedures
- Working with hand held tools on which they have received training or instruction
- Providing timely, accurate and professional customer communications
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Successfully completing the required academic and practical modules of the apprentice scheme within the specified timescales
- Completing tasks in accordance with the company service delivery standards and operating procedures which are accredited to BSI ISO9001.
- Work towards the ‘Fourteen Way’.
- Perform any other / or additional duties as dictated by the needs of the business.
Your Personal Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of Service Level Agreements (Response, Rectification, Remote Clearance)
- First time fix of faults, moves additions and changes
- Operational Productivity
- Achievement of modules that make up the academic and practical modules of the apprentice programme
- Accuracy of documentation and information
- Customer satisfaction, commendations and complaints
- Compliance with company systems of work, policies and operational procedures
- Submission of reports, documentation, expense claims and information requests within required timescales
- Presentation and preparation (uniform, equipment, PPE)