Smart Energy GB
- HR Support
- £23,059 (London Living Wage)
This HR generalist role acts as a key support function and friendly first point of contact for all People related matters. As part of the role you will be given the opportunity to study with CIPDs online partner Avado to gain your L3 CIPD certificate in HR practice via an apprenticeship. This will involve remote learning with time during work hours to complete assessments and coaching sessions.
Full training will be given to enable the People Assistant to become responsible the broad HR remit of complex administration matters, policy and procedure review and improvement, reporting, and ad-hoc projects, alongside being the business administration user for the HR database. They will also be trained to take on the co-ordination and delivery of all junior to mid-level talent acquisition activity, whilst assisting the talent development function.
The People Assistant will work alongside the Head of People, within the Operations directorate, to maintain and develop Smart Energy GB’s unique and inclusive culture, ensuring we remain a great place to work.
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for all employees within the organisation for queries such as pay, training and development, parental leave, changes to information and benefits.
- Assist with the end to end recruitment process; from supporting hiring managers by advertising vacancies, screening applications, interviewing, liaising with recruitment agencies and preparing documentation.
- Working with the wider Operations team to create a positive candidate experience at every stage of the recruitment process through a thorough and engaging onboarding and induction process.
- Assist with arranging parental leave and drafting documentation. Ensuring all parental leave returners have a smooth return to work, including assisting managers with flexible working requests.
- Assist with annual submissions process for any employer focused awards.
- Deliver all aspects of HR administration by accurately maintaining and updating all HR records and systems. Become in-house expert for the organisation’s online HRIS (People HR).
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports on employee data. Monitor the absence management element of HRIS, report data and flag any potential issues.
- Assist with maintenance and updating of company policies, procedures and guidelines. Ensure policies and procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Benefits champion. Ensure new joiners are fully aware of the benefits package available to them. Maintain visibility of the benefits within the business.
- Work with the Finance Manager to administer the payroll, ensuring data accuracy and answering employee queries regarding pay.
- Ensure all Development Updates (appraisals) are completed to by the deadline.
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships with all colleagues and stakeholders within the business.
- Assist the Head of People with delivery of the People Strategy. Collaborate with Operations Manager and Thrive team in devising and delivering the corporate wellbeing programme, Thrive.
- Co-ordinate the organisation’s work experience programme, partnering with an organisation to encourage and create a more diverse talent pool into the marketing and communications industry.
- Assist the Head of People on more complex ER issues with document preparation and note taking.
Skills, experience and competencies
- Ambitious, highly organised, professional and discreet
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Detail orientated with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Able to use initiative and prioritise tasks
- A friendly, confident, ‘can do’ attitude that is always looking for improvements.
- Strong IT skills (word, excel in particular).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/writing)
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
We want everyone to feel that they can be their true, authentic selves at Smart Energy GB. We believe that diversity strengthens and enriches who we are, and it is important to us that our workforce reflects every aspect of our diverse nation whether it be socio-economic background, age or anything in between. Currently those from a Black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) background are under-represented at Smart Energy GB. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from these candidates. All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme. If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know. Our offices have full wheelchair access and our onsite facilities in our London office are gender neutral.
Every member of our team goes above and beyond, helps one another out and contributes to the achievement of our ambitious goals. We think it’s only right for us to reward them accordingly:
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Gym memberships
- Annual health check
- Annual eye test
- Season ticket loan
- Volunteer leave
- £1,000 (net) work anniversary award
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- Option to take out a personal loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- An in-house wellbeing and CSR programme, Thrive
- Free breakfast – to support a positive working environment, a free breakfast and healthy snacks are provided every day.
Location: Smart Energy GB, 1 Alfred Mews, London, W1T 7AAApply