Technical Support Analyst – IT Apprentice
- IT Infrastructure Technician
Job Role Main Purpose/Summary
To provide first line technical support to new and existing customers and internal Spidex
personnel. To assist and help with software issues relating to our products for customers via
telephone or email, as well as hardware, infrastructure and software tools for Spidex
personnel, as part of the IT Operations department of Spidex Software Limited.
Role of the Department
The role of the IT Operations Department is to provide both customers and Spidex
personnel with a professional service, helping to provide the tools they require day to day.
The IT Operations Department provides Spidex with the IT infrastructure required to
function day to day, including but not limited to AD accounts, Office365, phone services,
internet services, storage. For Spidex personnel this service includes anything from
hardware, network infrastructure to software tools. For customers this service includes
Technical installations, upgrades and support services, as well as interfaces between
software products of Spidex and third-party software.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for:
· Providing First line technical support for Spidex Software’s products for new and
· Providing internal technical support for Spidex Personnel for hardware, software tools
· Assisting with technical projects within the IT Operations Department.
· Escalating issues to 2nd or 3rd line support where required.
· Ensuring all issues are logged and documented.
· Creating and Maintaining product installation and user guides.
· Testing Spidex Software’s software releases as required.
Key tasks of Technical Support Analyst are
· Responding to customer queries and issues within agreed SLAs.
· Logging and documenting customer issues, following the workflow within Accelo and
logging bugs and issues to the agreed internal standards.
· Providing technical support for customers using Spidex Software’s products via
telephone and email.
· Testing and troubleshooting product issues when they arise, including assisting with
on-site issues remotely. This may include Windows 10, Android, Citrix, Networking,
SQL Server, data and Windows Server related issues.
· To ensure customer databases kept and stored by Spidex Software are properly
· Assisting with technical projects within the technical department as part of the IT
Operations Department sprint team, liaising via Microsoft Teams for daily standups.
These projects could include, but not be limited to, installing laptop training
environments, testing scripted installations, upgrading printers, building an internal
demo setup on Hyper-V.
· Upgrading hosted software for the Engineering department when required.
· Perform testing of Spidex Software’s products for the QA department when required.
· Creating and Maintaining user guides and installation guides for products.
· Successfully complete all modules of the apprentice scheme within the specified
· Complying with company systems, procedures and policies in the execution of work.
· To contribute to the development and maintenance of all Spidex Software Ltd data
protection policies, procedures and processes in relation to the protection of personal
· To bring to the attention of the Technical Director as appropriate any matters which
are potential risk factors to the proper safeguarding of personal data within Spidex
Warwickshire, B46 1HHApply
- IT Infrastructure Technician