What is the the CIPD Level 3 Diploma qualification?
Whether you’re starting out in your HR career or already working within a support level role, the CIPD Level 3 in HR qualification will provide you with a solid foundation of all areas of HR and look at how you can support L&D practices within your organisation too.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at those new to HR or currently working in a HR support role
What qualification will I get?
CIPD Level 3 Foundation Diploma in HR Practice
How long will it take?
Typically 12 months
Why should I choose Avado?
When you study with us you get more than just a qualification. We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure you develop real skills with real impact on your career.
Here are some the reasons we’re the best for CIPD
CIPD Enterprises’ only official online learning partner
With CIPD’s expertise in HR and L&D we’re equipped to help you achieve your qualification
A course should be more than a textbook – learn from videos, infographics, interactive quizzes, and more all developed with experts straight from CIPD.
Great teaching. Guaranteed.
We believe who you learn with makes all the difference; that’s why we hand-pick the best tutors who are available to support you whenever you need them.
Study anytime, anywhere
Fit studying into your busy day with bite-sized activities built for mobile. And structured milestones to help you learn at your own pace while remaining on track.
What is included?
No one likes having to pay a surprise bill. That’s why we include everything we can in cost of your course:
- 24-hour access to your online campus
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
The only additional cost is your CIPD membership, which you pay directly to the CIPD.
What will I need to start?
This is a course for beginners, so you don’t need any formal qualifications to get started.
- An interest in progressing in the HR field and experience working in an HR role is beneficial.
- A qualification to at least Level 2 (for example GCSE or international equivalent) is essential
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- A solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- Basic computer skills and access to a phone/tablet/laptop with internet
What career options does the CIPD Level 3 Diploma open up?
The skills you’ll learn on this course will get you ready to take on Human Resources roles with more responsibility.
You’ll also be eligible for Associate Membership of the CIPD
Once you have your Level 3 qualification you can progress further with the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate in HR Management, the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in HR Management, or the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate qualifications in L&D
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
Who are the CIPD?
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the professional body for HR and people development.
With a worldwide community of 140,000+ members, CIPD qualifications are international recognised and will help you build your career and enhance your professionalism.
CIPD Enterprises have exclusively partnered with Avado, to offer a range of HR courses online.
What will I learn?
Here are the four units you’ll cover, and what you’ll be able to do by the end of each one:
Unit 1: Business, culture and change in context
You’ll learn about…
• The external influences that impact businesses, including goal setting.
• How to define workplace culture and how people’s behaviour shapes it.
• How organisations are whole systems and how your actions affect others.
• How people learn, adapt and develop in different ways.
• How people professionals impact people, and best to manage change.
Unit 2: Principles of analytics
You’ll learn about…
• How evidence-based practice informs outcomes.
• How to use data to inform decision making and interpret financial information.
• The concept of creating value for both customers and stakeholders.
• The role of analytics and other technology in enhancing working practices.
Unit 3: Core behaviours for people professionals
You’ll learn about…
• Developing insight into different approaches using ethical principles.
• Ethical values and how to contextualise them within your work.
• How to rectify issues and contribute opinions in a respectful and inclusive manner.
• Ways to recognise and accept your own mistakes and show empathy to others.
• Reflecting to consolidate and improve your knowledge, skills and experience.
Unit 4: Essentials of people practice
You’ll learn about…
• Effective recruitment of individuals through the assessment of employee lifecycles.
• Different recruitment methods that support your application of skills.
• Ways of preparing material for job roles and how to attract candidates.
• How to shortlist candidates, hold interviews and the associated follow-up actions.
• Diversity and inclusion in recruitment, employee relationships, and performance.
How will I be assessed?
Each unit typically takes about 6 to 8 weeks to complete with an assessment at the end of each unit. Your assessment is graded by Avado assessors and they’ll also provide you with personalised feedback on each. You’ll achieve the qualification by passing all unit assessments. You’ll then be able to get your associate membership, a cost you pay directly to the CIPD.
Flexible learning deserves flexible payments.
Your company can fund your course
*Click here for representative examples and full terms and conditions.
“AVADO is the perfect place for an individual who wishes to pursue CIPD. The Virtual Learning Campus (VLC) is user friendly and can be navigated by anyone. The tutor support and student success team were also both excellent.”
Kevin Rodrigues, HR Level 5 Diploma
“The support I received from AVADO and my peers on the course was incredible.
My tutor, was also really helpful throughout. From start-to-finish he was always there to get me through – something that came as a wonderful and welcome surprise for an online course!”
Regaynor Johal, HR Level 5 Certificate