The Benefits of Sage Accounting Software
Sage is the market leader when it comes to accounting software.
Sage has been around for what feels like forever. The company was launched and remains in the North East of England despite becoming a global brand as it has continually grown since 1981. It is the biggest accountancy software package in the UK and the third largest worldwide and has evolved to cater for over six million users.
Starting out at the dawn of computing they have not only witnessed the world go digital, they have had to adapt too, and they continue to do so. Beginning with the cumbersome Amstrad computers in the early eighties, light years from the powerful machines that fit in our pockets today. They have continued to evolve with technology as they move to the ‘cloud’ with the Sage Drive.
Understanding What Sage Software has to Offer
Sage accounting certification can be the leg up you need to break into the industry if you lack “real world” experience as it shows employers that you do have some form of practical knowledge when it comes to actually using the accounting and bookkeeping software that so many businesses rely on. As is the case in most industries today, in the world of accounting and bookkeeping, employers are focussing more and more heavily on the actual experience of candidates, rather than just the presence of an academic background.
Sage accounting software has become industry standard owing to the way it simplifies and facilitates a very diverse range of accounting tasks, allowing accountants and bookkeepers to work faster and more accurately. Sage software can be used for everything from the simplest jobs to managing complex financial systems. Some of the main features of Sage are as follows:
- Sage can help you to manage income and expenses;
- You will have the choice of either desktop or cloud based solutions, allowing you to easily work from anywhere;
- You will be able to invoice customers with professional, customisable invoices;
- You can keep accounts accurate with easy bank reconciliation;
- There are no limits to the number of transactions that you can enter;
- Sage is able to automatically calculate and submit VAT returns securely to HMRC, saving you a great deal of time and effort;
- Sage software is more than just a computer program—it’s a promise of live support from real people throughout your accounting or bookkeeping career. All Sage software comes with support either as a standard offering, or has an optional support package that you can choose to sign up for.
Through taking a course which includes Sage software like the AAT and IAB courses we offer, you will learn how maximise the benefits described above in order to effectively demonstrate the full range of practical skills required by businesses today. A Sage certification shows that you are passionate about accounting, serious about providing the best quality of work possible, and fully up-to-date with industry standard software.
If you want to find out more about our accounting and bookkeeping courses, fill out the form to get more information or call our Course Advisors on 020 7173 5685 today who will be able to talk you through it.