Get started in your accounting career with AAT Level 2
OFFER EXTENDED: Save 20% on any AAT course when you enrol by 21st December! Study for as little as £57.21 per month, interest-free.*
AAT accounting courses offer you an accredited route into accountancy if you have little or no experience. Choosing an online training course in accounting allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
Whether you are looking to start a career in accounting or advance from a junior role, our AAT Level 2 online course will lay the groundwork for your future in the accounting profession. On completion of the AAT Level 2
All our AAT courses now come with a free Xero Advisor Certification short course. Learn the basics of this industry-leading online accounting software and improve your employability even further. Our AAT Level 2 course also now exclusively comes with a free Xero Accelerate add-on to the "Using Accounting Software" unit, letting you apply your learnings within Xero itself. With a 61% increase in the past year of accountancy job listings on reed.co.uk requiring knowledge of Xero in the specification, you can get ahead of the competition with this bonus qualification!
*For full terms and conditions of all offers please click here.
Get AAT qualified with the biggest and the best
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience and award-winning learning design, we have grown into the UK's no. 1 online AAT course provider.
Chosen by students, chosen by AAT
Not only do more students pass online AAT qualifications with us than any other training provider, but we were also awarded Distance Learning Provider of the Year at the AAT Training Provider Awards 2018.
Learning that works, guaranteed
We know our AAT courses are the best on the market. That's why we offer a pass guarantee: follow the milestones on the campus and if you don't pass your synoptic exam first-time we'll give you free tutor support for a resit.
An online platform built around you
Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
Going the extra mile for employability
With AVADO you don't just get a highly-respected AAT qualification; we also give you a free Xero Advisor Certification to build your practical skills with online accounting software. Plus, access our free Careers Hub for advice and guidance on how to get the most out of your studies
Great teachers and inspiring content
Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
Support every step of the way as you learn with others
Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
Affordable price plans
Payment packages to suit your budget with a flexible range of interest-free monthly instalment options.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (Foundation) will give you an understanding of basic accounting principles and skills. You’ll lay the groundwork for a career in accountancy, with an initial focus on finance administration. Topics covered include double entry bookkeeping and basic costing principles.
We translate the syllabus that the AAT sets into a combination of activities, classes, and other content to ensure you get the best learning experience possible.
The AAT Foundation Certificate consists of five units:
1. Bookkeeping Transactions
Review double-entry processes and business documentation, trial balances, the cashbook, reconciling a supplier’s statement, discounted transactions and payment records.
2. Bookkeeping Controls
Be able to prepare control accounts, use journals, understand the banking system, and manage cash books, petty cash and control accounts.
3. Elements of Costing
Learn how to calculate product costs and budget effectively using spreadsheets including cost
4. Using Accounting Software
Develop the skills needed to professionally process transactions using
AVADO students now have exclusive access to our free Xero Accelerate add-on to the Using Accounting Software unit. Revisit the case studies and apply your new skills within Xero's online accounting software and future-proof your knowledge.
5. Work Effectively in Finance
Discover how to work effectively within an accounting team, complete
Also included in your course is a free Xero Advisor Certification short course. You will learn the basics of using Xero's cloud-based accounting software, giving your CV another edge in a competitive job market.
During the course, you will take five exams: four computer-based assessments and one synoptic exam, which will all be held at an approved exam
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 2 qualification - comparable to a GCSE or higher diploma level qualification
- Four computer-based exams and one synoptic assessment, all taken at an external test
- Typically complete within 9 months
- Free Xero Advisor certification and Xero Accelerate course add-on
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Five online units with a hardcopy book to support each one
- Sage One Accounts Extra Software accessed online for the Using Accounting Software unit
- Exclusive Xero Accelerate add-on for the Using Accounting Software unit
- Xero Advisor certification short course for learning the basics of Xero online accounting software
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Pass Guarantee – hit the milestones and get free tutor support for a resit if you don't pass a synoptic exam first-time*
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay extra essentials like revision and assignment marking. That’s why we include everything above in the price. The only additional costs are your AAT membership and exam fees, which you are required to pay directly to the AAT.
As this is a foundation level course there are no formal academic or work experience requirements. A basic qualification in mathematics or
The following entry requirementsapply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable Internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You must be able to attend all exams at an AAT Approved centre
. Students outside the UK will incur an additional cost for international postage of textbooks
The AAT Foundation Certificate (Level 2) gives you a solid base of foundational knowledge and skills to build an accounting career on. The qualification will give you “part-qualified” status and make you eligible for a wide variety of entry-level accounting roles, especially those with an administration focus. Having this qualification on your CV will give you an edge in proving your competence and dedication to potential employers.
Many students, particularly graduates, begin their AAT studies with this course. The next step in the full AAT pathway is the Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3), which then progresses on to the Professional Diploma (Level 4). Once you complete the full pathway, you will have in-depth knowledge of advanced accounting processes and will also be eligible to become an AAT Full Member (MAAT).
Here are a couple of roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this qualification:
|Accounts Officer||Payroll Administrator|
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
All our AAT courses are delivered through our
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
Want to see for yourself? Check out the video below for a guided tour of the AAT campus:
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally recognised accrediting body for accounting qualifications with over 125,000 members worldwide.
AAT Accounting qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to manage cash flow, budgets, and finances effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in an accountancy role.
Once you complete the Professional Diploma (Level 4) AAT qualification you can become a full AAT Member and put the letters MAAT after your name, giving you professional recognition of your qualifications.
The AAT qualification pathway can also be the stepping stone to chartered accountant status with one of the main British Chartered Accountancy bodies, including the ACCA. You won't need a degree and will even qualify for some exemptions from the first papers of the ACCA qualification.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.