Get started in your accounting career with AAT Level 2
AAT accounting courses offer you an accredited route into accountancy if you have little or no experience. Choosing an online training course in accounting allows you to gain a professional qualification from home and around your current commitments.
Whether you are looking to start a career in accounting or advance from a junior role, our AAT Level 2 online course will lay the groundwork for your future in the accounting profession. On completion of the AAT Level 2
Get AAT qualified with learning that works from AVADO
At AVADO, we create inspiring learning experiences that are all about your success. With our 26 years’ experience and exceptional AAT pass rates, an AAT course with us gives you the best chance to pass
Great teachers and inspiring content
Your own dedicated tutor, hand-picked for their expertise, is available by phone or email. Access a range of engaging content including videos, quizzes and live classes.
Support every step of the way as you learn with others
Your tutor and community team are here for you whenever you need them. And, because you learn online with other students, you’ll never be short of inspiration and motivation!
An online platform built around you
Designed to work on your mobile and featuring bite-sized content so that you can learn as you go. Learn at your own pace but with structured milestones to keep you on track.
Affordable price plans
Payment packages to suit your budget with a flexible range of monthly instalment options.
An award-winning provider you can trust
Winner of two AAT 2016 Awards including Best Use of E-learning and PQ Magazine Editor’s Choice Award 2017.
With 6,000 AAT students qualifying with us each year, we know this is learning that works. Enquire now to find out how it can work for you.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (Foundation) will give you an understanding of basic accounting principles and skills. You’ll lay the groundwork for a career in accountancy, with an initial focus on finance administration. Topics covered include double entry bookkeeping and basic costing principles.
We translate the syllabus that the AAT sets into a combination of activities, classes, and other content to ensure you get the best learning experience possible.
The AAT Foundation Certificate consists of five units:
1. Bookkeeping Transactions
Review double-entry processes and business documentation, trial balances, the cashbook, reconciling a supplier’s statement, discounted transactions and payment records.
2. Bookkeeping Controls
Be able to prepare control accounts, use journals, understand the banking system, and manage cash books, petty cash and control accounts.
3. Elements of Costing
Learn how to calculate product costs and budget effectively using spreadsheets including cost
4. Using Accounting Software
Develop the skills needed to professionally process transactions using
5. Work Effectively in Finance
Discover how to work effectively within an accounting team, complete
During the course, you will take five exams: four computer-based assessments and one synoptic exam, which will all be held at an approved exam
Key course information:
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Level 2 qualification - comparable to a GCSE or higher diploma level qualification
- Four computer-based exams and one synoptic assessment, all taken at an external test
- Typically complete within 9 months
Your course includes everything you need to succeed:
- 24-hour access to your online campus, accessible on mobile and tablet
- Five online units with a hardcopy book to support each one
- Sage One Accounts Extra Software accessed online for UACS
- Dedicated tutor and community team to support you throughout the course
- Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates
- Revision classes, assignment marking and feedback to help you improve
- Free access to AVADO’s premium Career Development Hub
- Free NUS card – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay extra essentials like revision and assignment marking. That’s why we include everything above in the price. The only additional costs are your AAT membership and exam fees, which you are required to pay directly to the AAT.
As this is a foundation level course there are no formal academic or work experience requirements. A basic qualification in mathematics or
The following prerequisites apply:
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- You must have a solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- You must have access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable Internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- You must be able to attend all exams at a UK based AAT Approved
centre. Students outside the UK will incur an additional cost for international postage of textbooks.
The AAT Foundation Certificate (Level 2) gives you a solid base of foundational knowledge and skills to build an accounting career on. The qualification will give you “part-qualified” status and make you eligible for a wide variety of entry-level accounting roles, especially those with an administration focus. Having this qualification on your CV will give you an edge in proving your competence and dedication to potential employers.
Many students, particularly graduates, begin their AAT studies with this course. The next step in the full AAT pathway is the Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3), which then progresses on to the Professional Diploma (Level 4). Once you complete the full pathway, you will have in-depth knowledge of advanced accounting processes and will also be eligible to become an AAT Full Member (MAAT).
Here are a couple of roles you’ll be eligible for after gaining this qualification:
|Accounts Officer||Payroll Administrator|
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, April 2017
All our AAT courses are delivered through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus (VLC). The VLC is an online learning platform that houses all your learning materials in one easy-to-access place. The VLC is designed for use on all internet-enabled devices, so you can study on your mobile or tablet anytime, wherever you are.
Your VLC features:
- Inspiring bite-size learning content, including videos and quizzes
- Frequent live online classes with your tutor, tailored to your group’s needs and recorded so you can catch up whenever you like
- Learn as a group, with structured milestones to keep you on track
- Regular learning checks and practice tests so you know how you are progressing
- Proactive tutor support – monitoring your progress and reaching out if you need support
Want to see for yourself? Check out the video below for a guided tour of the AAT campus:
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) are the UK’s leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees and a globally recognised accrediting body for accounting qualifications with over 125,000 members worldwide.
AAT Accounting qualifications are highly valued by employers, as they demonstrate that you have practical skills that you’ll need to manage cash flow, budgets, and finances effectively, as well as the commitment and dedication to succeed in an accountancy role.
Once you complete the Professional Diploma (Level 4) AAT qualification you can become a full AAT Member and put the letters MAAT after your name, giving you professional recognition of your qualifications.
The AAT qualification pathway can also be the stepping stone to chartered accountant status with one of the main British Chartered Accountancy bodies, including the ACCA. You won't need a degree and will even qualify for some exemptions from the first papers of the ACCA qualification.
All our AAT courses have rich assets including videos, animations and recorded lessons. See below for an example of a recorded lesson on Financial Statements which you can watch here for free.