What is the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning & Development?
The CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development stands out as a comprehensive and advanced course tailored for Learning and Development (L&D) professionals. It is an ideal choice for individuals looking to formalise their existing experience, skills, and knowledge in the field. This diploma program goes beyond the fundamentals, offering a well-rounded curriculum that encompasses core knowledge and behaviours essential for any People Professional.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at those with some L&D experience looking to develop to management level.
What qualification will I get?
CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Organisational Learning & Development
How long will it take?
Typically 11 months
CIPD Level 5 HR course highlights
- Typically 11 months completion time
- Structured but flexible learning with our cohort model
- Learn 100% online
- 12-month support period
- Aimed at those with some L&D experience looking to progress to management level
- Fill the form to download course pricing & details
What's included in your CIPD Level 5 L&D online and distance learning course?
When you learn with Avado, you get access to our online learning Hub, which comes with lots of benefits. It's no different when you're working on your CIPD Level 7 courses online with us.* You'll get:
So you can complete your coursework when it suits your schedule.
Forums to network with other students.
We create engaging and exclusive digital content with delivery that ensures you can apply your learning at work.
Subject matter-expert tutors and a community for support through the course.
Ava is our multi-language support chat. Available 24/7 only to Avado learners.
CIPD Level 5 L&D Learning and Development modules
Here are the eight units you’ll cover, and what you’ll be able to do by the end of each one:
Three core units
- The connections between organisational structure and strategy.
- Organisational priorities, how to interpret theories and what drives change.
- How to build diversity and inclusion.
- How people practice connects and supports wider strategies.
- The methods re applied to diagnose challenges and opportunities.
- Critical thinking and how different ethical perspectives can influence decisions.
- The benefits and risks of solutions for improving people practice issues.
- How to measure the impact people practice makes to organisations.
- How to champion inclusive and collaborative strategies.
- How to design and evaluate solutions for positive working relationships.
- How the role of a people professional is evolving.
- How to assess your own strengths, weaknesses and development areas.
Three specialist units
- The concepts of self-directed and social learning and the theories behind them.
- The steps that organisations take to encourage learning.
- How digital innovations encourage and enable self-directed learning.
- What needs to be considered when designing learning and development.
- Identifying and establishing learning and development needs.
- Completing a stakeholder analysis in relation to learning and development.
- How to design engaging learning and development solutions.
- How to develop a range of personalised, accessible learning resources.
- Discussing facilitation techniques to support the needs of learners.
- The facilitation of learning and delivering inclusive activities that meet objectives.
- The concept of ‘transfer of learning’ and the role of line managers.
One of two additional specialist units
- The purpose of employment regulation and the way it’s enforced.
- The role played by the tribunal and courts in enforcing employment law.
- How the main principles of discrimination law.
- How to manage recruitment lawfully, and about managing employment rights.
- The impact, risks and challenges of technological development.
- Creating engaging digital learning content and the systems for delivering learning.
- The skills required to facilitate online learning, including your development plan.
CIPD L&D Diploma career options
The skills you'll learn on this course will get you ready to take on L&D roles with more responsibility. You’ll also be eligible for Associate Membership of the CIPD, and roles such as:
Head of L&D
Once you have your Level 5 Diploma qualification you can progress further with the CIPD Level 7 qualification. *Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, January 2022
Specialise in L&D faster
Monthly Payment Cost
Total Course Cost
GBP prices are inclusive of VAT*
Reasons to choose Avado
- 100% online
- 0% finance options
- Award-winning learning design
- Easy steps to begin your course
- Collaborative learning
- Hand-picked teaching experts
- Bite-sized learning on the go
- Unlimited support
of graduates progressed their careers within 3 months of qualification
of employers looking for more skilled candidates for HR roles
higher starting salary compared to unqualified candidates
Frequently asked CIPD questions
CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning & Development
The CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma develops an all-round knowledge in L&D with skills and techniques you can translate across your business. This course will also get you up to speed in digital learning, ready to transform your organisation, and can help you progress to a managerial role.