Data Analyst Apprentice
The Open University
- Data Analyst
We are looking for a highly ambitious Data Analyst Apprentice to join our award winning Marketing Communications unit here at The Open University. Reporting into our Management Information (MI) Manager and part of our Strategy & Insight team this new role sits at the heart of our unit and in it you will have gain oversight and understanding of an integrated Marketing and Communications team & play an important part in its ongoing success.
The Open University is the UK’s largest university, a world leader in flexible part-time education combining a mission to widen access to higher education with research excellence. We transform lives through education. This role ultimately helps people from all walks of life to realise their ambitions – whilst enabling you to achieve yours.
Main responsibilities in this role are:
- Your primary responsibility will be to organize and analyze data to provide business insight for our operation.
- This includes the population and associated analysis of regular reports that enable us to understand progress against Strategic and Commercial objectives. You will provide timely & high quality management information that enables us to understand drivers of performance as well as make recommendations for improvement. This role will also cover ad hoc, deep dive analysis into key areas of focus. Our desire to take an evidence & data led approach means your work will have a tangible and demonstrable impact on our performance.
- You will be encouraged to proactively arrange and contribute to meetings to review and understand briefs, communicate progress against requirements & deliver your findings.
- You will be expected to support the process by which we set our new Student Number targets feeding your analytical insight into the target setting process.
- To build and develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, which may include Campaign, Product & Insight Managers and seek opportunities to understand their priorities and utilise the insights you have to add value.
- Highly numerate, data literate and analytical.
- Ability to problem solve and see trends in data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing a project with deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience in learning new skills, particularly learning how to use Tableau.
- A lateral thinker with strong analytical skills coupled with excellent, effective communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office.
- ‘Can do’ approach, with a proactive, inquisitive mind-set; energetic and committed.
- Data led and analytical, but can demonstrate the ability to ‘translate’ and communicate to people of all levels and backgrounds.
- Self-reliant and dedicated approach to duties and an ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to set objectives and deliver ‘beyond the brief’.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate excellent, written and oral presentation skills.
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. As an apprentice 20% of your time will be spent on ‘off the job’ training to complete your studies.
The role is based in Milton Keynes at the Open University campus (although in the current environment teams are working remotely from home).Apply