What is the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management?
The CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management extends the disciplines within the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management. This Advanced Diploma is aimed at expanding learners’ autonomy so they can strategically direct organisations and their people.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at those with senior-level experience in HR looking to progress to a director or consultant role.
What qualification will I get?
CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management
How long will it take?
Typically 22-23 months
CIPD Level 7 HR course highlights
- Online Seminars with your dedicated tutor
- Structured but flexible courses
- Learn 100% online
- 24-month support period
- On completion of this advanced diploma you will be able to apply for CIPD Chartered membership.
- Download brochure to get course pricing & details
What's included in your CIPD Level 7 HR online and distance learning course?
When you learn with Avado, you get access to our online learning Hub, which comes with lots of benefits. It's no different when you're working on your CIPD Level 7 courses online with us.* You'll get:
So you can complete your coursework when it suits your schedule.
Forums to network with other students.
We create engaging and exclusive digital content with delivery that ensures you can apply your learning at work.
Subject matter-expert tutors and a community for support through the course.
Ava is our multi-language support chat. Available 24/7 only to Avado learners.
CIPD Level 7 modules for Strategic People Management
Four core units
- Ways in which major, long-term environmental developments affect employment, work and people management in organisations.
- Current and short-term developments in the people management business environment.
- How change, innovation and creativity can promote improvements in organisational productivity.
- The key interrelationships between organisational commitment to ethics, sustainability, diversity and wellbeing.
- The benefits of aligning people practices with organisational strategy and culture.
- How the development of people practices improve organisational performance and employee experience.
- Current practice in major areas of people management and development work.
- The role and influence of people professionals in different organisational settings.
- Model principles and values that promote inclusivity aimed at maximising the contribution that people make to organisations.
- How to challenge business outcomes for yourself and organisations.
- How to apply learning to enhance personal effectiveness.
- Influencing others during decision-making while showing courage and conviction.
- How to plan a people practice business research project aimed at adding organisational value.
- The most appropriate research methods to collect data for the chosen project.
- How to analyse data to make decisions and provide business and people management insights.
- How to propose recommendations based on conclusions derived from the research and analysis.
Three HR specialist units
- Different perspectives of employment relations and how they influence the roles of people professionals and line managers.regulations
- How external institutions can shape employment relations at organisational level.regulations
- How people professionals can work with employees and trade unions to sustain mutuality and voice.regulations
- How people professionals work with employees and trade unions to mitigate organisational risks.
- The impact of the changing business environment on resourcing and talent management strategy and practice.regulations
- Organisational recruitment and selection strategies.regulations
- The importance of succession planning to support sustainable organisational performance.regulations
- Approaches to improving individual and team performance.
- Effective reward strategies and policy frameworks.regulations
- The value of a ‘total rewards’ approach.regulations
- Pay structures and approaches to establishing pay levels.regulations
- The importance of organisational approaches to compliant and ethical reward practice.
One of two additional specialist units
- The legal framework for employment regulation in the UK.regulations
- Regulations that aim to protect employees from unlawful acts of discrimination.regulations
- Law in relation to establishment, alteration and termination of employment contracts.regulations
- Compliance in relation to further regulations relevant to major areas of people practice.
- How wellbeing is relevant to the workplace.regulations
- The links between work, health, wellbeing and people management practices and processes.regulations
- How employer and employee wellbeing aligns with strategy.regulations
- The importance of the wellbeing strategy to sustain organisational performance.
What career options does the CIPD Diploma in People Practice open up?
The skills you’ll learn on this course will get you ready to take on senior Human Resources roles. You’ll also be eligible for Chartered Membership of the CIPD, and roles such as:
Totaljobs average salary for HR Director
Indeed average salary for HR Director
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, June 2023
The best in HR get better
Monthly Payment Cost
Total Course Cost
GBP prices are inclusive of VAT*
Why choose Avado
- 100% online
- 0% finance options
- Award-winning learning design
- Easy steps to begin your course
- Collaborative learning
- Hand-picked teaching experts
- Bite-sized learning on the go
- Unlimited support
of graduates progressed their career within 3 months of qualification
of employers looking for more skilled candidates for HR roles
Frequently asked CIPD questions
CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management
The CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma extends the knowledge and skills gained from the Level 5 Associate Diploma. It is aimed at expanding the strategic and decision-making autonomy of people professionals working in senior HR roles.