What is the CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice?
Whether you'd like a refresher, you're looking to expand your knowledge, or you're starting a career in the people profession, the Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice will help you progress. You'll gain the capabilities you need to attract new talent and maintain your organisation's ability to do right by your people, or kick-start your brand-new career.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at those new to HR or currently working in a HR support role
What qualification will I get?
CIPD Level 3 Certificate in People Practice
How long will it take?
Typically 8 months
CIPD Level 3 course highlights
- Typically 8 months completion time
- Structured but flexible learning with our cohort model
- Learn 100% online
- 12-month support period
- Aimed at those new to HR or currently working in an HR support role
What's included in your CIPD Level 3 online and distance learning course?
When you learn with Avado, you get access to our virtual learning campus, which comes with lots of benefits. It's no different when you're working on your CIPD Level 3 courses online with us. You'll get:
So you can complete your coursework when it suits your schedule.
Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates.
So you can focus on being productive while still developing yourself from home.
Subject matter-expert tutors and a community for support through the course.
Ava is our multi-language support chat. Available 24/7 only to Avado learners.
CIPD Level 3 module list and syllabus
- The external influences that impact businesses, including goal setting.
- How to define workplace culture and how people’s behaviour shapes it.
- How organisations are whole systems and how your actions affect others.
- How people learn, adapt and develop in different ways.
- How people professionals impact people, and best to manage change
- How evidence-based practice informs measures and outcomes and how it is applied within your organisation
- How the application of agreed procedures, policies and sources of evidence helps to make choices and informed decisions.
- The importance of using data, the different types of data measurement and how these are used to inform decision making, including interpreting basic financial information using critical thinking skills and common calculations.
- The concept of creating value, explaining how your organisation approaches this for its customers and stakeholders.
- Finally, you will cover the role of analytics and other technology in enhancing working practices, including the associated risks.
- Different approaches to customer focus using ethical principles to inform your approach to work.
- Evaluating ethical values and contextualising them within your work, specifying the ways in which you conform to associated regulation and law.
- The importance of positive ways of working and you will use this to clarify problems and issues as well as contributing views and opinions in a respectful and inclusive manner.
- Ways in which you recognise and accept your own mistakes and show empathy to others.
- Finally, you will examine the concept of reflective practice aimed at consolidating and improving your professional knowledge, skills and experience.
- Effective recruitment, selection, and appointment of individuals through the assessment of employee lifecycles, including where you are placed within this.
- Different recruitment and selection methods and the skills that relate to contributing to effective recruitment.
- Ways of preparing materials for job roles and to attract candidates.
- You will also shortlist candidates and participate in a selection interview and the associated follow-up actions.
- Understanding legislation and organisational practices is a vital part of this unit, as is the meaning of diversity and inclusion in respect of recruitment and employee relationships.
- You will explain factors associated with performance management and the role of appraisal.
- Finally, you will understand how to support others to develop the skills and knowledge required to meet both individual and organisational objectives.
CIPD Certificate career options
The skills you'll learn on this course will get you ready to take on Human Resources roles with more responsibility. You'll also be eligible for Foundation Membership of the CIPD. Whether you're already in a junior HR role or new to the field, with this qualification you will be eligible for HR roles such as:
Once you have your Level 3 Foundation qualification you can progress further with the CIPD Level 5 Diploma in People Management or the CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development. *Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, January 2022
Frequently asked CIPD questions
This is a course for beginners, so you don’t need any formal qualifications to get started.
- To be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- A solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- Access to a computer or other internet-enabled device and a reliable internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- CIPD registration to receive your Diploma qualification
- Experience working in an HR role is beneficial, as well as a desire to work in an HR officer role
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the professional body for HR and people development, with a worldwide community of around 140,000 members.
You can be confident you’re getting the best HR qualification available: CIPD qualifications are internationally respected by employers, and are designed by industry leading experts to include all the latest thinking and ideas.
- When you start studying with us, we’ll help you set up your CIPD membership. You’ll start as a student member, but as you progress through your HR career completing the different CIPD qualifications you’ll move to the different levels of qualification.
- When you complete the CIPD Level 3 Foundation certificate you will become a Foundation member of the CIPD.
- As you progress your HR career into people management, the CIPD Level Associate Diploma is an ideal course to build all the skills and knowledge you need - once completed you will become an Associate member of the CIPD.
- You will be eligible to apply for CIPD Chartered membership when you complete your CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma – this qualification is aimed towards very experienced senior HR Directors looking to reach the top of the people profession.
- The cost of your CIPD membership is not included in the course fee.
CIPD Foundation Professional – £140 per month (start date: 15th January 2024)
Ideal for anyone looking to start a career in either HR or Learning and Development. When you work towards the Level 3 qualification, you’ll learn the essential skills to be eligible for an entry-level position like an HR Assistant or Administrator.