This policy applies to information we collect about:
(a) visitors to our website when requesting further information via the “Get Course Information” form: and
(b) people who do business with us or register for our services
AVADO owns and runs this website and a number of other professional education brands including Home Learning College, Arch Apprentices, Squared Online, Qualifications Online, Dotnative and the Academy of Digital Business Leaders (ADBL).
We also jointly own the marketing news, events and best practice portal ClickZ.com with Contentive Ltd.
How do we collect information about you?
Information is provided to AVADO by:
1. Filling out an enquiry form on one of our websites
2. Filling out an enquiry form for one of our courses on a third-party website, such as an awarding body, online job noticeboard website, or a generic course enquiry website, which is then automatically sent to us
3. Correspondence by phone; email or chat
4. Requests to join our social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
5. Information provided when contact is made with the Student Service team to report a problem, resolve a query or provide general system and support.
6. Surveys to support continuous improvements in the student experience
7. Career development tools to support your continued learning
8. Completion of an Apprenticeship enrolment form
9. Any pre-enrolment diagnostic test that may be required
10. Providing your details when attending events for the purpose of enquiring or hearing more from service providers such as AVADO
11. We may gather business contact information from publicly available sources through partners.
What information do you provide?
When you submit your details to us through an enquiry on our website [or a trusted third party], we’ll collect the following information:
- a) Your full name, email address and telephone number
- b) Your company name, company size and industry type,
- c) Your job title, job level, team size
When you speak to our course advisors or enrol on a course, we may ask for the following information:
- a) Your full name, email address, telephone number, postal address and date of birth
- b) Your education and work experience, where relevant to the course
- c) Your company name, company size and industry type,
- d) Your job title, job level, team size
- e) Payment information including credit card number and bank account details
- f) Copy of your identification, either passport of driving license.
If a third party is paying for your course, then we will ask them for the following information:
- a) Full name
- b) Email address
- c) Postal address
- d) Date of Birth
- e) Payment information including credit card number and bank details
When you are studying, we may collect the following information about you:
- a) Service queries or problems
- b) Academic tutor queries
- c) Coursework or assessments submissions
- d) Student event or survey
- e) Career development plans
Sensitive Personal Data
In addition to the basic data described above, it may also benefit you to notify us when enrolling as a student of any health condition or disability you have, so that we are aware of these conditions and how they affect you. This will allow us to take any reasonable steps to accommodate specific needs or requirements you have when providing our services to you. This type of information is known under the law as ‘special categories of data’ (you may also know this as ‘sensitive personal data’) and we require your explicit consent to process this information.
This kind of information will only be collected from you and used by AVADO to assist you, it will not be shared with any third parties and will only be kept as long as it is required for this purpose, or until such time as you notify us you no longer consent to it being held or processed by u
Why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a lawful basis for doing so, e.g.:
1. to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
2. for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
3. for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
4. where you have given consent
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own fundamental rights and freedoms.
The list below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our legal basis for doing so:
1. Students: If you are a student, our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, i.e. to provide you with the course you have enrolled on. If you do not provide us with certain personal information that we request when you apply for one of our courses, then we may not be able to offer this course to you. We will seek your consent to process any special categories of personal data (such as health information) that we may request when you apply for one of our courses.
2. Enquiries and Feedback: We use personal information submitted to us when you make an enquiry or when you provide feedback to us for our legitimate interests of engaging with potential students and identifying how we can improve our services.
3. Job Applications: We collect personal information in the context of processing job applications as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations to ensure that our application processes comply with applicable laws and also for our legitimate interests to ensure that candidates are appropriately qualified and suitable for working with us. Such processing may also be necessary for us to take steps before entering into an employment contract with a candidate.
4. Business Contacts: We use personal contact details of business contacts (including agents, contractors and individuals that represent our suppliers and business partners) for our own legitimate interests of running our business.
6. Marketing: We may use your personal information to send you updates about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new courses. If you are an individual subscriber, we will rely upon consent as the lawful basis for the processing your personal information. If you are a corporate subscriber, we may have a legitimate interest for processing your personal information for marketing purposes. Irrelevant of the type of subscriber you are, you always have the right to opt out of
receiving marketing communication at any time (please see “How to unsubscribe from marketing communications” below). We will always treat your personal information with utmost respect and never share it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
7. Employer reporting: Where an employer has purchased training on your behalf, any information you share on the campus (including feedback and project work) may be shared with the company stakeholder, to fulfil their legitimate interests
How we collect data about you and your use of this website
You are in control of what information we collect about you.
We may ask for information about you when you register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
We use your data to improve the service we offer you and to try and ensure that you get the best from our website.
We will use the information you enter on the site for administration purposes and any other purposes made clear in the data entry forms themselves, in any relevant terms or conditions and on any pages or emails which link to such forms. If you click on a ‘submit my details’ button on the website, your contact details will be used to send you servicing information related to your selection or ultimate objective. Very occasionally, we may also invite you to participate in a customer survey to improve our service to you.
Website customisation and targeting of adverts
We use the data you give us about yourself to build up a picture of your interests - we then try to ensure that when you visit the site, you don’t miss the offers and information relevant to you.
We and our reputable third-party companies will collect website usage information about visitors to our website for the purposes of statistical analysis, sales and marketing research, tracking page usage and paths used by visitors through our site, targeting the site content, targeting our marketing campaigns and direct marketing emails, targeting our Internet banner advertisements on our website and on other websites and tracking use of our Internet banner advertisements and other links from our marketing partners’ websites to our website.
We may also combine this web usage data with other information we have collected about you, we store this information so that we have a better and more specific understanding of the way customers are using our site and their preferences and interests. We may use it to undertake sales and marketing research and to tailor our site, our marketing campaigns and email communications specifically to you, and your recent activity on our site.
Direct marketing and how you can change your preference
We offer you the opportunity to receive information from our company. We may use your history to communicate information we think may interest you. To improve our picture of your interests we may link the data you give us about yourself with any data we have gathered (via cookies) about your use of the site.
We try to ensure that customers do not receive duplicate communications even if we have more than one enquiry from the same customer.
Your details may be shared within the AVADO Group. You will not receive direct marketing from companies outside AVADO as a result of giving your details to us. If, in exceptional circumstances, we ever wanted to allow a third party to send you direct marketing, we would seek your consent before sharing your data with that third party.
We will send direct marketing by your chosen method of communication as set out on the home page of our website.
If you would like us to stop sending direct marketing to you, we offer simple ways to do this. Whenever you receive direct marketing you will be told how to unsubscribe. In any event, if you wish for us to stop sending direct marketing to you, you can contact us:
Telephone: +44 (0)203 893 5400
If you receive marketing communications when you used the site for any reason, you can tell us that you do not wish to receive any more by writing, with your full name, address and other contact details (to enable us to find your records), to:
6th Floor Translation & I Hub Building,
80 Wood Lane,
How do we keep your data secure?
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
The following security procedures, and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information have been put in place:
· In cases where personal data is being processed by third parties, a rigorous adequacy process is being performed to ensure that your data is always secured.
· Web applications of AVADO are operated in ISO 27001 certified secure data centers in the UK.
· Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-virus and anti-malware and backup and disaster recovery is in place to prevent data loss or deletion.
· 24/7 security guard, closed circuit television and Paxton door access control to authorized personnel secures office and data center.
· Applications operated by AVADO are engineered and secured by industry standards to minimize security vulnerabilities and updates on a regular basis.
· Intrusion detection and prevention secures the network traffic to the servers and applications.
· Anti-malware and anti-virus software is deployed to all of our servers and regularly scan and update with the latest anti-malware and virus signatures.
· Employees undergo background screening and selection processes ensuring that only employees with highest security clearance are allowed physical access to network infrastructure. Employee access is logged and secured through personal access control cards.
· Access to infrastructure, elevated privileges and network are granted on an as-needed basis.
· Infrastructure and web applications operated by AVADO is backed up on a regular basis and business continuity and disaster recovery is tested on a regular basis.
· We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long your personal data will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the periods outlined below.
· Where a request for information is made for one of our product or services your data will be held for the duration that your enquiry is open.
· Where a purchase has been made and training is provided, your data will be held for a period of 7 years in line with our regulatory and governing body requirements, where there may be a requirement to hold your data to evidence the completion of studies or for audit purposes.
· Where you have supplied your consent to receive future communications about our products that maybe relevant to your enquiry or the sector of training being undertaken, we will hold your information for an indefinite period of time. Your information will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Disclosure of your data
We routinely share your personal information with third parties listed below. This data sharing enables the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Some of those third-party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area, for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see ‘Overseas transfers’.
Trusted third parties:
· Contracted Apprenticeship Partners to support enrolment on funded courses for Apprentices
· Examination and Workshop venues – arrangement of workshops and exams
· The National Apprenticeship Service for Apprenticeships
· Your personally assigned tutor and assessor
· Publishers – to supply textbooks relevant to your studying
· Business Analytics tools – to help inform business decisions/intelligence.
· Cloud based Customer Relationship Systems (CRM)
· Cloud based hosting services & systems
· Cloud based training tools to support learning progression and tracking
· Third Party developers – to improve our technology and system
· Where we partner with other organisations, we may also share information with them (for example if you register to attend an event jointly held by us and another organisation). We will only share information where necessary and we will make sure to notify you first.
Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, we will endeavour to ensure that any such service provider adheres to their obligations of security with regards to your data as undertaken by us.
We will share personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk.
Additionally, we may ask your permission to share your data for the purposes of our courses in order that you can conduct the group work as part of the course structure. We will contact you for your specific consent if this is applicable to you.
Coursework and assessment submissions will only be shared securely based on the terms of the agreement; for example, with a designated person or department in the relevant Awarding Organisation.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
A complete list of our trusted third parties can be obtained by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this policy. However, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
We may transfer your personal information to the following which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as follows: Overseas Transfers Companies
Who your data can be disclosed to?If you would like further information, please contact us. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation or subordinate bodies governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Other companies in the AVADO Group acting as joint controllers or processors and who are based in the United Kingdom, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore and United States of America and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
- AVADO Asia Pacific PTE. LTD Registered Address: 6A Shenton Way #04-02/08 Singapore (068815) Company Registration: 201540373Z
- AVADO Hong Kong Pte Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of AVADO Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. Registered Address: 1703 Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong. Company Registration No: 2390921.
- AVADO Learning Gmbh. Registered Address: Rödingsmarkt 20 20459 Hamburg Germany Company Registration: HRB 141902
- Utalk LLC (US) Registered Address: 116 W. Houston Street, Floor 3 New York, NY 10012, Company Registration: 3987504
- AVADO Learning Limited. Registered in England with number 06177616. Registered office: AVADO, 6th Floor Translation & I Hub Building, 80 Wood Lane, London, W12 0BZ. VAT Registration number: 918560018. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – Firm Reference Number: 718054
- BC Arch Limited. Registered in England with number 06177616. Registered office address: 6th Floor Translation & I Hub Building, 80 Wood Lane, London, W12 0BZ. VAT Registration number: 143336432 Company Registration: 08151723.
For more details about our group, please visit the website. We share information with them, so they can assist us in providing services to you and so that we can understand more about you.
You will only be sent marketing emails from other companies within our group where you have provided consent to those companies.
In addition, disclosure of your data to others may be necessary to ensure the smooth provision to you of the products, services and information you request. Your data may be disclosed to the other entities as described above. If you consent to direct marketing, your details will be used and disclosed in the manner set out under the heading “Direct Marketing and how you can change your marketing preference”.
How may you amend the data submitted by you?
If your details change, please resubmit them on the site and our records will reflect your new details.
If you consented to receive marketing communications when you visited our website you can change your personal details at any time by writing, with your full name, address and other contact details (to enable us to find your records) to:
6th Floor Translation & I Hub Building,
80 Wood Lane,
Telephone: +44 (0)203 893 5400 Email: email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
1. fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
3. require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold,
4. require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations,
5. receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
6. object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
7. object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
8. object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
9. otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
10. claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
· email, call or write to us;
· let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. Name and telephone number);
· let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 1 working day for this to take place.
If you require any further guidance on your rights and the information we hold about you, please contact us.
Requesting a copy of your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by us and we have to reply within one calendar month.
The request can be made verbally, electronically by email or in writing.
In order to process your request, and to ensure we have verified your identity, we may require additional information of you such as:
• Your name and postal address
• A telephone number where you can be reached
• Your email address
Should additional information be required to fulfil the request made then we will contact you using the information provided.
If you wish to request a copy of any personal data about you and held by us, you may address your request to our Data Protection Team using one of the below methods:
Telephone: +44 (0)203 893 5400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: AVADO, 6th Floor Translation & I Hub Building, 80 Wood Lane, London, W12 0BZ
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1111.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
The content of this Website (“Content”) belongs to AVADO. You are entitled to copy the Content for your own personal use but may not republish, store or reproduce any Content in any manner including, without limitation, electronic reproduction by “uploading” or “downloading”, without the prior written consent of AVADO. Any unauthorised republishing, storage or reproduction may be in breach of AVADO statutory or common law rights, which could result in legal action being taken against you.
The name and logo of AVADO, Home Learning College, Dotnative and The ADBL are registered trademarks owned by AVADO Learning Limited. Arch Apprentices is a registered trademark of BC Arch Limited. Other products, company names and logos, which appear on this Website, may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. No names, products or logos should be reproduced or copied without the trademark owner’s prior written consent. The display of the logos, company names, devices, icons, graphics, designs, etc. on the Website does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party in respect of the same.
Although AVADO uses “cookies” when you visit the Website this is only to assist you in your research of course products and services. Any “cookie” created will expire within a short-prescribed period of time. For more information, please review our Cookies Policy.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
The content on this Website is for your general information only.
Any hypertext link to any other Website is for information purposes only and such links do not constitute an endorsement by AVADO Learning Limited or Home Learning College or Squared Online or Arch Apprentices or BC Arch Limited or of any products and services advertised on such websites. The use of any link is entirely at your own risk and AVADO accepts no responsibility for the material on or the use of such websites. AVADO has not attempted to verify the truth or accuracy of any material displayed on such websites.
All implied warranties are excluded in relation to your use and/or access of this Website to the maximum extent that the law allows.
AVADO does not guarantee or warrant that the Website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that may have contaminating or destructive properties. AVADO excludes any liability for any errors in or omissions from the Content.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
AVADO reserves the right at its absolute discretion to make changes to any part of this Website including the Content any time without notice. If you require any further information on anything raised above, then please contact us at the address provided.
AVADO Learning Limited. Registered in England with number 06177616. Registered office address: AVADO, 6th Floor Translation & I Hub Building, 80 Wood Lane, London, W12 0BZ. VAT Registration number: 918560018. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – Firm Reference Number 718054; email: email@example.com
BC Arch Limited. Registered in England with number 08151723. Registered office address: AVADO, 6th Floor Translation & I Hub Building, 80 Wood Lane, London, W12 0BZ. VAT Registration number: 14336432; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or whether you are logged into a site to protect your privacy.
What to do if you do not want cookies to be set:
Some people find the idea of a website storing any information on their computer or mobile device intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without their knowledge. Although AVADO cookies are quite harmless, you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some cookies, all cookies, or even cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of the website.
Web browser cookies
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
The AVADO website does work without cookies, but you will lose some features and functionality if you choose to disable cookies. For example, you won’t be able to see the homepage banner, which often showcases customer promotions and discounts.
Adobe Flash Player Cookies
The Adobe Flash Player, used to provide services such as MyWeb Presenters, is also capable of storing information on your device. However, these cookies cannot be controlled through your web browser. Some web browser manufacturers are developing solutions to allow you to control these through your browser, but at the present time, if you wish to restrict or block Flash Cookies, then you must do this on the Adobe website.
Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Strictly necessary cookies
Some cookies are strictly necessary in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, we will not be able to determine the number of unique users of the site or provide certain features.
Examples of performance cookies set by AVADO and our suppliers
AVADO uses Google DoubleClick to measure the effectiveness of its online marketing campaigns.
From time to time some AVADO online services, including mobile apps, use Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of those services and compile a report for us.
|Visual Web Optimizer||
YouTube embedded content cookies enable opt-in for YouTube navigation on AVADO. For videos that are visible on www.avadolearning.com, a persistent cookie is set by YouTube when you click to play the video.
This persistent cookie is used by YouTube to help maintain the integrity of video statistics. AVADO does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check YouTube’s website for more information.
|Fospha||Fospha cookies allow AVADO to optimise their marketing channels by stitching together and attributing individual visits to the website. To opt-out of Fospha cookies, please refer to the section on web browser cookies.|
The AVADO website has embedded videos hosted by Wistia. When you interact with these Videos, Wistia automatically receives and records user information. Visit their site for more information.
HubSpot’s tracking code is used to improve our website and provide a more personalised service to visitors, both on this website and through other media. Visit their site for more information: